Re: IRS Form W-9

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2011
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Frank Dartee <frank.dartee@...> wrote:

      > >I don't want to sign this form under a penalty of perjury clause . What can
      > I do?
      >
      > If you will read the instructions on the form, it states that it does not
      > require a signature.

      Thank you, I believe you are correct and the use of the W-9, with my Social Security Number and left unsigned is going to be my solution. How am I going to explain, at some future date, why I used the W-9 even though the instructions say it is not to be used by non-US Persons. I
      am a Nonresident Alien, will that matter if I don't sign the W-9?