Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Jack & Margy Flynn have had enough-Calling it Quits It Seems

Expand Messages
  • BOB GREGORY
    *We are fortunate to have had those 3% or whatever the right figure is, but do not believe that they were able to beat the strongest military in the world.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 19, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      We are fortunate to have had those 3% or whatever the right figure is, but do not believe that they were able to beat the strongest military in the world.  They were a royal pain in the ass and did do reasonably well in skirmishes and battles, but they were no match for the British overall.  What changed the picture for the colonies were three factors.  First, the French provided about 4,000 troops to fight with Washington at Yorktown.  Second, French ships blockaded Yorktown, fought and won the Battle of Chesapeake Bay against a British fleet and prevented the British from landing more troops.  With the significant help of the French troops (several of whom died in the battle) Washington defeated General Cornwallis and took all of his army into custody.   Third, the British were engaged in other wars in the far flung British Empire and just decided that they had too much on their plate and that it would be easier to withdraw from America and sign a peace treaty favorable to themselves, which they did.

      ====================================================

      On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:16 AM, <lg900df@...> wrote:
       

      It took them 50 years to discover this? It took the founding fathers about 5 years.

      Only 3% of the population participated in the revolution....the rest were average americans just like today--fence sitters willing to see which way the wind blows. Ignorant in that they know nothing better, stupid because they dare not search for same and faithless because they put their trust in graven images instead of searching for truth and wisdom.

      As Bear revealed which I will paraphrase regarding the revolution: 3% of the people were able to beat the strongest military in the world. They did so because truth accounted for the remaining 97% power. Read the ending words of the Declaration and see the words "divine province": now that is faith in the truth expressed in the document.

      The words in the Declaration of Independence came to closest to expressing the words of truth nearly directly from the hand of the maker. What englishman knowing the Magna Carta could deny this truth? I will GUARANTEE something: If the Constitution was offered in place of the Declaration, we would still be English. The King would see a wonderful document of fake promises, snake oil and illusion worthy of keeping people as subjects.

      This latter illusion of faith where--no truth of freedom exists--kept and keeps many a people in the slavery....slavery government claims is freedom--maybe it kept J and M busy for 50 years?


    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.