Not Rregistering A "Vehicle"

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2011
      Sunday 19 June 2011

      Recently, I bought a scooter from a private
      party. It has never been registered in Illinois.
      I recall an article about a "letter" exchange
      between someone and the Dept Of Motor Vehicles
      re Manufaturer's Origin Certificate. In essence,
      the man was asking why he was required to "register"
      his own property with the state, and what was
      the source of law requiring him to do so.

      I cannot locate the article. If anyone knows
      of a link, of has experience not registering
      a "vehicle," in my instance a scooter, please
      post. The scooter was originally registered in
      Wisconsin.

      Thanks...

      mn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 19, 2011