Doug's Herich Story on Jury Duty

  • dave
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
      Amazing court case bear moderator gave. Just look at the elitist attitude of the judge:

      "Would all of you agree to follow my instructions on the law even if you don't agree with them or you don't think that they are what the law is or should be?"

      "What I need from you is a commitment that you will follow my instructions even if you don't agree with them. And you all agree to do that? Follow the instructions on the law? My job is to tell you what the law is, and will you all agree to follow my instructions? Will you all agree? Anyone saying no?"
    • FJ
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
        I agree. That is what I have told everyone. And some go and it is a
        learning experience. They can also educate other jurors

        On 6/18/2011 11:41 PM, Clare Reading wrote:
        > I would want informed people on my jury!
        > Please don't shirk your responsibility and abandon a possible defendant like
        > me!
        > ~ C.

      • dave
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011

          What exists for “jury duty” consists in keeping a cancerous growth alive by the acclamation of the people called a jury….to the people’s detriment. That is the definition of stupidity. Present day juries are the antithesis of what a jury of supposed to be—a judge of the laws as such law is for people, a jury of peers, and the power holder in the court. You will find every aspect of this kept hidden from present day juries and in its place is offered the opposite. Disgustingly they pawn this off as “for the people” and ironically sell it on fear of loss of freedom.

          You’ve been handed limited choice and told it is freedom. By not showing you alternative, you are left with their choice. They’ve deprived you of the near number one cause for fighting for the Declaration of Independence of July 4, 1776 –the right of a free people to the unwritten law that is common with men.

          In its place they’ve handed you the cheesey substitute called written law. Written law is “good enough for government work” because government needs written laws to keep it in check. They’ve “turned the tables” and taken the law intended for them and used it on you. All their courts are creations of written law—every one. You will NOT obtain justice in one of these courts—it is an impossibility because the wrong law will be applied to you.

        • BeatIRS@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
            I did, and I went a step further and told the government agent (ah! Judge) that, to be
            a protector of the people, a juror must determine the law and if it is constitutional.

            Fred