Doug's Herich Story on Jury Duty

  • Clare Reading
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 18, 2011
      I would want informed people on my jury!
      Please don't shirk your responsibility and abandon a possible defendant like
      me!
      ~ C.
    • Coalbunny
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 18, 2011
        In the past 30 years I have had a number of jury summons. First time, I
        went and asked to be released as I was in the process of building my
        house. Judge said no, and because of the distance between my
        home-to-be, I had to stay at one of my family membersÂ’ homes instead.
        When I was finally released from duty I went back and found over $20,000
        in damage; equipment gone or destroyed; building supplies stolen or
        destroyed. And the sheriff's dept. wouldn't even respond and take a
        report. After that the same court tried getting me to show for jury
        duty. Except each time I was living out of state- California, Oregon or
        Utah. Each time the Clerk would tell me to show or a warrant would be
        issued. So I tell her my address, and she'll repeat herself. Then I
        told her the name and telephone number of the sheriff in the county I
        was living and told her that if she has a problem she can always call
        him to verify. Well that still didn't work, even though I'm honest and
        was telling the truth. Then the next one I got, I figured I'd play
        their game. I was living in Oregon, and called the woman and told her
        I just ain't gonna come and she ain't never gonna be man enough to do
        anything about it! Ohhhhh! That mad her mad as a hornet! So I told
        her how her coward sheriff ain't man enough to do anything about it. So
        the county sheriff sent a deputy to my old address and found someone
        else living there- my grandparents (who I told in advance of this
        charade). And my grandfather told me they'll tell him they don't know
        me! (I'm giggling at this point)

        Next thing I know the county sheriff calls me and asks me where I live
        so he can arrest me. So I told him. 120 miles away.... in UTAH! I told
        him if he doesn't believe me he can always call the sheriff. Which he
        did, and I never heard back. I found out about his call to the county
        sheriff where I lived from a buddy of mine that was a deputy there.
        This is all very interesting, to say the least.

        The last time I was called for jury duty I went, and I was all "snazzied
        up". I even woke up early (I"m retired, so I sleep as long as I want,
        when I want). And I'll be damned, they cancelled it. Damn them. I
        woke up early for them!
      • MadDogMarine
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
          I agree. We are all potential defendants living under this criminal
          enterprise known as our government.

          Moderator/Bear: The last jury trial I had, they asked everyone whether they had spent any time studying or dealing with law and made sure they dealt with that, addressing each juror individually. One of the last trials here in Colorado involving jury nullification, People v. Kriho, "http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=10829654873968084071&q=%22Laura+Kriho%22&hl=en&as_sdt=4,6" a woman who did not answer voir dire candidly was charged with contempt. Kriho addresses and links to a bunch of federal cases on the issue of nullification and lack of candor by a juror too. What that amounts to is a waste of time for informed people to sit through voir dire knowing that there is zero chance they will end up on the jury without utilizing some form of deception and risking contempt as well. I had one trial where they wasted no time disqualifying a potential juror because he came right out and said he would nullify the law if he didn't think it was fair. If you, as an informed juror, manage to get on the jury and hang it, they would have no problem at all doing the trial over again and being more careful about jury selection the next time.

          On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 22:41:30 -0700, "Clare Reading" <oim4jr1@...>
          wrote:
          > I would want informed people on my jury!
          > Please don't shirk your responsibility and abandon a possible defendant
          > like
          > me!
          > ~ C.
        • dave
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
            Amazing court case bear moderator gave. Just look at the elitist attitude of the judge:

            "Would all of you agree to follow my instructions on the law even if you don't agree with them or you don't think that they are what the law is or should be?"

            "What I need from you is a commitment that you will follow my instructions even if you don't agree with them. And you all agree to do that? Follow the instructions on the law? My job is to tell you what the law is, and will you all agree to follow my instructions? Will you all agree? Anyone saying no?"
          • FJ
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
              I agree. That is what I have told everyone. And some go and it is a
              learning experience. They can also educate other jurors

              On 6/18/2011 11:41 PM, Clare Reading wrote:
              > I would want informed people on my jury!
              > Please don't shirk your responsibility and abandon a possible defendant like
              > me!
              > ~ C.

            • dave
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011

                What exists for “jury duty” consists in keeping a cancerous growth alive by the acclamation of the people called a jury….to the people’s detriment. That is the definition of stupidity. Present day juries are the antithesis of what a jury of supposed to be—a judge of the laws as such law is for people, a jury of peers, and the power holder in the court. You will find every aspect of this kept hidden from present day juries and in its place is offered the opposite. Disgustingly they pawn this off as “for the people” and ironically sell it on fear of loss of freedom.

                You’ve been handed limited choice and told it is freedom. By not showing you alternative, you are left with their choice. They’ve deprived you of the near number one cause for fighting for the Declaration of Independence of July 4, 1776 –the right of a free people to the unwritten law that is common with men.

                In its place they’ve handed you the cheesey substitute called written law. Written law is “good enough for government work” because government needs written laws to keep it in check. They’ve “turned the tables” and taken the law intended for them and used it on you. All their courts are creations of written law—every one. You will NOT obtain justice in one of these courts—it is an impossibility because the wrong law will be applied to you.

              • BeatIRS@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 19, 2011
                  I did, and I went a step further and told the government agent (ah! Judge) that, to be
                  a protector of the people, a juror must determine the law and if it is constitutional.

                  Fred