Establishing Justice in the Earth Can Be Done!

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2011

      I just added the books by the prophets Amos and Micah to Bear’s Prayers and started saying them aloud to myself and I came across the Creator’s will respecting justice within them.

      In Amos 5:7 I found this [I add the emphasis.]:

      “You who turn justice into the bitterness of wormwood and cast righteousness; uprightness and right standing with the Mighty Creator, down to the ground…”

      So, Jahuwah (Yah-oo-wah) lets us know that He is not pleased when justice is perverted. He is letting us know that it is not His Will that justice be perverted.

      Continuing in Amos 5, Jahuwah, through the prophet Amos, gives us His advice:

      “8 Seek Him Who made the cluster of stars called Pleiades and the constellation Orion, Who turns the shadow of death or deep darkness into the morning and darkens the day into night, Who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out upon the face of the earth--Jahuwah is His name—9 Who causes sudden destruction to flash forth upon the strong so that destruction comes upon the fortress.

      It is when we seek Jahuwah that true justice can begin to be done. “Sudden destruction” is something the perpetrators of injustice should be warned about.

      Continuing in Amos 5, Jahuwah, through the prophet Amos, explains what forms injustice has taken and His response to those who perpetrate that injustice:

      “10 They hate him who reproves in the city gate holding him as an abomination and rejecting his rebuke, and they abhor him who speaks uprightly. 11 Therefore because you tread upon the poor and take from him exactions of wheat, you have built houses of hewn stone, but you shall not dwell in them; you have planted pleasant vineyards, but you shall not drink their wine. 12 For I know how manifold are your transgressions and how mighty are your transgressions--you who afflict the uncompromisingly righteous, who take a bribe, and who turn aside the needy in the court of the city gate from their right. 13Therefore he who is prudent will keep silence in such a time, for it is an evil time.”

      Building houses but not living in them and planting vineyards but not drinking of them are part of the curse for disobedience in Deuteronomy 28. The term “exactions” could have also been translated tribute. So, tribute is part of the injustice discussed here.

      Continuing in Amos 5, Jahuwah, through the prophet Amos, gives His advice to the perpetrators of injustice:

      “14 Seek, inquire for, and require good and not evil that you may live, and so Jahuwah, the Commander of the angel armies, will be with you, as you have said. 15 Hate the evil and love the good and establish justice in the court of the city's gate. It may be that Jahuwah, the Commander of the angel armies, will be favorable to the remnant of Joseph the northern kingdom.”

      So, here is Jahuwah’s Command, not only to the perpetrators of injustice, but to those of us that love justice as well. We are to “establish justice in the court”.

      In Amos 5:21-24 the importance of justice to the Mighty Creator is established:

      “I hate, I despise your feasts, and I will not smell a savor or take delight in your solemn assemblies. 22 Though you offer Me your burnt offerings and your cereal offerings, I will not accept them, neither will I look upon the peace or thank offerings of your fatted beasts. 23Take away from Me the noise of your songs, for I will not listen to the melody of your harps. 24 But let justice run down like waters and righteousness as a mighty and ever-flowing stream.”

      In Amos 6:12 Jahuwah analogizes how unnatural injustice is:

      “Do horses run upon rocks? Do men plow the ocean with oxen? But you have turned justice into the poison of gall and the fruit of righteousness into the bitterness of wormwood—“

      The prophet Micah had more to say about justice in his writings beginning at chapter 3:1-4:

      “AND I Micah said, Hear, I pray you, you heads of Jacob and rulers of the house of Yisra’el! Is it not for you to know justice?—2 You who hate the good and love the evil, who pluck and steal the skin from off My people and their flesh from off their bones; 3Yes, you who eat the flesh of my people and strip their skin from off them, who break their bones and chop them in pieces as for the pot, like meat in a big kettle. 4 Then will they cry to Jahuwah, but He will not answer them; He will even hide His face from them at that time, because they have made their deeds evil.”

      The judges, IRS personnel, probation and parole officers, the deputies, sheriffs, and police officers who don’t “know justice” and treat people as described above are surely going to come into a situation, a hurricane, a tornado, a volcano, an earthquake or perhaps even an economic calamity; it is going to be a situation where they will have a reason to cry out to Jahuwah, and he is not going to answer them; he is going to hide His face from them because they did not know and do justice. Their uniforms, robes, and badges will not help them in any way because they have made their deeds evil.

      The prophet Micah continues with his position, a position those of us who seek Jahuwah’s justice, should know and take, in chapter 3:8-10:

      “But truly I Micah am full of power, of the Spirit of Jahuwah, and of justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression and to Yisra’el his transgression. 9Hear this, I pray you, you heads of the house of Jacob and rulers of the house of Yisra’el, who abhor and reject justice and pervert all equity, 10Who build up Tsion with blood and Jerusalem with iniquity. 11 Its heads judge for reward and a bribe and its priests teach for hire and its prophets divine for money; yet they lean on Jahuwah and say, Is not Jahuwah among us? No evil can come upon us. 12 Therefore shall Tsion on your account be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps of ruins, and the mountain of the house of Jahuwah like a densely wooded height.”

      We should say with Micah:

      I am full of power of the Spirit of Jahuwah, and of justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression and to Yisra’el his transgression. Hear this, I pray you, you heads of the house of Jacob and rulers of the house of Yisra’el, who abhor and reject justice and pervert all equity, who build up Tsion with blood and Jerusalem with iniquity. Tsion on your account be plowed like a field, Jerusalem shall become heaps of ruins, (from Micah 4:1) but, in the latter days it shall come to pass that the mountain of the house of Jahuwah shall be established as the highest of the mountains; and it shall be exalted above the hills, and peoples shall flow to it.

      We know from Mark 11:23 that if we say to this mountain of injustice existing in this world today, be lifted up and thrown into the sea and do not doubt in our heart but believe that what we say will take place, it will be done for us. And from Mark 11:24, if we believe our request, no, even our righteous demand for justice is granted to us, we can have Jahuwah’s justice restored to us in the earth!

      We should no longer say:

      But, they [the oppressors] are just going to [insert whatever manner of injustice or oppression you anticipate the evil doers will foist upon you to deprive you of your rights].

      Few will dispute that this is the “latter days”. It is a time for us to recognize that Jahuwah’s will is that justice be done in the courts and that we are on the right side of the issue. We know too that if we ask anything according to Jahuwah’s will we can have the petition we desire. See 1 John 5:

      “14And this is the confidence, the assurance, the privilege of boldness which we have in Him: we are sure] that if we ask anything according to His will; in agreement with His own plan, He listens to and hears us.

      “15And if since we positively know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know with settled and absolute knowledge, that we have the requests made of Him.

      And with respect to the perpetrators of injustice in the U.S. of A., 1 John 5 addresses that as well:

      “16 If anyone sees his brother committing a Torah violation that does not lead to death, he will pray and Jahuwah will give him life…”

      We should always keep in mind that it is the goodness of Jahuwah that leads men to repentance. See Romans 2:4.  It is inside the “life” that Jahuwah gives that the perpetrators of injustice will come to understand what true justice is all about.

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com