We Set Up Government By Consent Of The Governed

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011

      There is no mysticism in the American concept of the State or of the nature or origin of its authority. We set up government by consent of the governed, and the Bill of Rights denies those in power any legal opportunity to coerce that consent. Authority here is to be controlled by public opinion, not public opinion by authority. West Virginia Bd. of Ed. v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624, 641 (1943).

      Coerced consent must be illegal then. Bear

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com

    • Benjamin Wayne Merring
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2011
        Bottom line is I do not Consent. I was born free and Sovereign and want to remain that way.
        The 14 amendment is says "those that are born into the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof , are Citizens of the United States and the state in which they reside.

         This means that there are some that ARE NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof.

        AND the 13 amendment makes it clear that neither slavery nor involuntary servitude shall exist within the United States,

        To declare that citizenship is mandatory is to violate the constitution.