A Government of Laws & Not of Men...

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011

      And, in view of such a contention, we may well add the impressive and weighty words of the same illustrious man, when he said, in Marbury v. Madison, 1 Cranch, 137, 163: "The Government of the United States has been emphatically termed a government of laws and not of men. It will certainly cease to deserve this high appellation if the laws furnish no remedy for the violation of a vested legal right." Poindexter v. Greenhow, 114 U.S. 270, 298 (1885).

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com