Are Our Rights Being Sacrificed to Court Collection of Public Debt?

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2011

      Are the judges being used to collect the public debt?

      At this site:

      http://www.brennancenter.org/content/resource/criminal_justice_debt_a_barrier_to_reentry/

      is a bundle of articles published by the Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law dealing with the justice system being used to collect onerous fines from those forced to participate out of the necessity of collecting money to service the public debt. I contend this has a far reaching effect on a court’s willingness to give us our rights.

      At this site:

      There’s gold in that old court debt in the basement

      is this quote:

      The pressure on courts to raise revenue and cut costs is enormous. Many of the old fixes such as traffic ticket amnesty programs, outsourcing of uncollected debt to collection agencies, deferrals of purchases and unfilled staff vacancies have long since been exhausted. This leaves painfully deep staff cuts, furloughs, branch court closures and reduced service hours as last resorts. But don’t lose hope, there is one more easy fix that could bring in a significant amount of much needed revenuesell that old uncollected court debt that you have stacked in boxes in the courthouse basement.”

      and an offer to show courts how to accomplish this.

      It seems that we should be doing open records act requests for all memos dealing with increasing revenue through the courts. Bear

      Call me at: 720-675-7230

      On Skype: legalbear

      My blog: legalbearsblog.com