The Common Law & Your Right to Travel

  • Walin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 9, 2011
      Bear, May I reply to this? This is timely in the extreme.  Starting this May the National ID act (2005) starts, and all 50 states will be using the Drivers License as the vehicle to fulfill it. You will need your birth certificate, Social Security, other personal data, and possibly biometric data.

      11 AmJur, under Constitutional law (About page 1157) states very plainly that the Right of Liberty includes the Right of travel using the conveyance of the day, as long as it is not for commercial purposes, without permission being needed. Yet I know of people who have tried to operate their private auto on the public thoroughfare and were ticketed. The police, being paid by the state, do not want to hear it.

      Wally

      PS: Thanks for your recent articles, I appreciate the content.

      Search your traffic statutes in your state for the abrogation of the common law. I predict you won’t find it.
    • The Handyman
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 10, 2011
        In 1986 I was in prison. My group formed the Common Law Court of the United States of America and I applied to that court for a writ of habeas corpus. It was granted but the Warden would not release me. He would not honor a common law order. Nor would the sheriff or governor. Thereafter, I applied to a state court to enforce a foreign judgment and such was denied. On appeal one judge dissented in my favor and he said that the common law and its courts were not under any statutory authority as it was not formed by congress or any legislature. Therefore, it could not be ignored or abrogated by those groups or any other group. He further said that if an atomic bomb destroyed the entire United States and only two people survived, the common law would survive with them. The common law is a natural right. It is indestructible. You demand it and you won't find any abrogation of the common law in any statute or book.