Re: [tips_and_tricks] Speeding ticket

  • Randy Maugans
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
      Unless your home state has compliance agreements with Texas, there is little they can do to you. I am technically banned from driving in New York state because of a ticket in the early 90s...hasn't stopped me so far (I did not pay the fine...the cop rolled out of a field in the middle of nowhere in upstate NY). I know of no Federal Laws that govern driving "privileges"...why we don't have a national ID right now...I'd check the laws in your home state and if no agreements, let it roll.

      Randy

      On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 7:37 PM, warrengalvin <galvindwgalvin@...> wrote:

      While driving home on Saturday, January 8th at 10:30 pm, from Colorado Springs to Pensacola, Fl I received a Texas Department of Public Safety speeding ticket just west of Clarendon, TX. It came to me unsigned by the officer (it was computer generated) and with instructions on a separate sheet of paper about pleading and where to send the "fine" of $185. I was supposedly clocked at 11 miles over the speed limit (76 in a 65) The speed limit signs were 70 in the day and 65 at night.

      In the instructions sheet it says:"Out of State Violators" Failure to comply with the terms of the citation will result in the issuance of a Nonresident Violator Compact and your driver's license will be suspended.

      I signed next to my signature, All rights reserved, UCC 1-307 and below it, Authorized Agent.

      Suggestions?

      Thanks. Warren