Speeding ticket

  • warrengalvin
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
      While driving home on Saturday, January 8th at 10:30 pm, from Colorado Springs to Pensacola, Fl I received a Texas Department of Public Safety speeding ticket just west of Clarendon, TX. It came to me unsigned by the officer (it was computer generated) and with instructions on a separate sheet of paper about pleading and where to send the "fine" of $185. I was supposedly clocked at 11 miles over the speed limit (76 in a 65) The speed limit signs were 70 in the day and 65 at night.

      In the instructions sheet it says:"Out of State Violators" Failure to comply with the terms of the citation will result in the issuance of a Nonresident Violator Compact and your driver's license will be suspended.

      I signed next to my signature, All rights reserved, UCC 1-307 and below it, Authorized Agent.

      Suggestions?

      Thanks. Warren
    • Daworm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
        If you put ucc 1-307, and all rights reserved, next to your signature, they will cross it out, always write everything in signature area very dark, and overwrite your signature on what you have written, so if they try to erase what you wrote, they will have to erase your signature first.  Its just like marking a received stamp over the middle of a receipt, if you try to erase received, it also erases what received is placed over.  But since you sent ticket in, you can always claim that signature is not yours.  But as far as the ticket is concerned, one way is to ask when was the last time that camera was calibrated, and have them prove that the camera/radar is perfect and error free. Doesn't your computer crash, or sometimes do things you didn't ask it to do?  Also look up the charging codes and make sure they are correct. Also ask who is bringing on the charges, who is the injured party,and a sworn and signed statement from the witness.

        Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless