Re: [tips_and_tricks] on Roman's 13

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27 10:32 AM

      Here is the part that no one is speaking about
      with regard to understanding Paul's letter to the Roman's 13:1-7.

      The following statements are excerpts on my treatise on understanding Romans 13 in the context of the time it was written.
      (Bear, I think I sent this to you a couple of years ago.)

      [excerpt] ...The Jewish nation had prior to the declarations in Romans 13 an established government having power and influence all over the Roman Empire that had been twice sanctioned by Caesar* (and this government existed even prior to the Babylonian captivity**) and at every place within the Diaspora (with some modifications) it maintained itself after the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. and continues until this present time...

      *  "Caesar Augustus, pontifex maximus, holding the tribunician power, proclaims: Since the nation of the Jews and Hyrcanus, their high priest, have been found grateful to the people of the Romans, not only in the present but also in the past, and particularly in the time of my father, Caesar, imperator, it seems good to me and to my advisory council, according to the oaths, by the will of the people of the Romans, that the Jews shall use their own customs in accordance with their ancestral law, just as they used to use them in the time of Hyrcanus, the high priest of their highest Elohim; and that their sacred offerings shall be inviolable and shall be sent to Jerusalem and shall be paid to the financial officials of Jerusalem; and that they shall not give sureties for appearance in court on the Sabbath or on the day of preparation before it after the ninth hour. But if anyone is detected stealing their sacred books or their sacred monies, either from a synagogue or from a mens' apartment, he shall be considered sacrilegious and his property shall be brought into the public treasury of the Romans." Edict of Augustus on Jewish Rights, 1 BCE.

      "Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, pontifex maximus, holding the tribunician power, proclaims: . . .Therefore it is right that also the Jews, who are in all the world under us, shall maintain their ancestral customs without hindrance and to them I now also command to use this my kindness rather reasonably and not to despise the religious rites of the other nations, but to observe their own laws." Edict of Claudius on Jewish Rights, 41 CE

      **Remember this from their first exile?

      Esther 3:8 "And Haman said unto king Ahasuerus, There is a certain people scattered abroad and dispersed among the people in all the provinces of thy kingdom; and their laws are diverse from all people; neither keep they the king's laws: therefore it is not for the king's profit to suffer them."

      Even Pilate recognized that they had a separate judicial system,

      John 18:31 "Then said Pilate unto them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore said unto him, It is not lawful for us to put any man to death:" [The response here is that the powers of capital punishment existing prior to the time of Y'shua had been taken surrendered to Rome. This was a tacit acknowledgment of their willingness to submit to Rome and the exposition of this is outside the discussion at hand.]