FW: Alledged free country restricts Americans access to information

  • dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5 1:03 PM

      Several people have commented on the need to keep things secret. I am well aware of that need. One time my relative scoffed at the idea the government of the US could ever orchestrate something evil and that all claims they could ….were purely conspiracy theory. Thus in her mind we should trust them and let them keep things secret. Here was the quickest way I got to dead silence: I showed her this report and asked her to consider it carefully realizing this would not have been de-classified IF the plan would have been put in action [in other words, they WOULD have kept it secret]:

      http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

      Spooky stuff….the thought police are doing this for your own good.

      Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 16:58:21 -0600

      Notice that it is only the  American people that are restricted….rest have access….so what is on Wikileaks the government of the US doesn’t want its own people seeing? If the reason is harm, then how much harm do American’s cause their own government?

      US Registrar Yanks WikiLeaks Domain

      It is interesting that a country that espouses Freedom of Speech will resort to such tactics.

      Now, some will say, "Well, he is releasing secret information that might cost lives". There is, however, doubtful support of that contention.

      If there is a problem in that area, it is not Americans having access to that information who will pose threats to those who might be at risk. Obviously, it is foreigners who have access that pose that risk.

      So, the rest of the world can read WikiLeaks, since it is only the US Registrar blocking the domain. Consequently, it is only Americans who are denied the information.

      Is it, perhaps, more likely that the government doesn't want US to know what they are up to?

      What other websites will be disabled the same way, because the government doesn't want criticism or exposure? Will constitution.org  be next?

      If you want to go to WikiLeaks, the IP number will get you there without the domain lookup (word address).

      Use one of these links to go direct to Wikileaks.

      http://213.251.145.96/
      http://46.59.1.2/

      Spread the word.

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5675 (20101205) __________