Court Order ? Help and/or opinions kindly requested.

  • lawfulzone
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2010
      Yes; I have searched this group's archives.

      Appealed a traffic stop all the way to the state Supreme Court who declined jurisdiction to hear it.

      Now the local court is requesting payment of the fine.

      I requested;
      1. An accounting of the fine amounts.
      2. To categorize the amounts requested.
      3. Identify which part of the fine is civil and/or criminal.

      The Clerk replied;
      1. An accounting is provided in the receipt upon payment
      2. Of the amount due; $$$ is cost allocated to various local, county and state funds as required by law; and $$$ is the fine as required by law.
      3. not answered

      My reasons for the questions;
      At one time while doing research I found a case (which I can no longer locate) that said something along the line of; court costs that are civil in nature can be contested and the court must follow the same collection efforts as any other creditor.

      If that is indeed the case, then the criminal amounts could be paid and that would leave the court to employ a collection company or other means to collect the rest of the debt.

      If anyone has tried or knows anything regarding this strategy, please reply with your experiences and thoughts.

      Welcomed, is anyone wishing to provide positive criticism and or comments.

      Thank you in advance.