REWARDS FOR GOOD JOB PERFORMANCE DOING BAD THINGS

  • BOB GREGORY
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2010
      Thanks to Bob Hurt for this.

      We like to think our government’s law enforcers do a good job, except when enforcing bad laws like the income tax code they always misconstrue.

      Well, on 27 October 2010, the DOJ honored 353 people for excellence.  I looked at the list here (http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2010/October/10-ag-1207.html) and found 5 references to Top Guns in the tax division.  Only FIVE?  I imagine many more than that received SECRET CASH AWARDS for destroying the lives of alleged taxpayers who owed no taxes at all.  Read it from fedagent.com:

      Hundreds of DOJ Employees Honored at 58th Annual Attorney General Awards Ceremony

      On Oct. 27, Attorney General Eric Holder honored 303 Department of Justice (DOJ) employees and 55 individuals from outside the department during the 58th Annual Attorney General Awards Ceremony held at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, DC. Twenty-five different awards were presented during a 90 minute ceremony, where DOJ employees and others were recognized for their dedication to carrying out the agency's mission.

      "The Annual Attorney General Awards Ceremony provides an important opportunity to celebrate the Justice Department's many critical and most noteworthy achievements over the last year. I am especially grateful for this chance to acknowledge, and to personally thank, the 352 award recipients whose contributions have been instrumental in moving the Department's work forward," remarked Attorney General Holder during the ceremony.

      The Attorney General's Award for Exceptional Service was the top honor given by DOJ. This award recognized a team of 15 federal employees who worked on the Pfizer, Inc. off-label promotion and kickbacks case, which led to the biggest health care settlement in the history of DOJ, and to a team of 57 individuals who worked together to prevent an al Qaeda bomb attack of the New York City subway system.

      The Attorney General's Award for Exceptional Heroism was awarded to one team and one individual for extraordinary acts of courage and voluntary risks of life during the performance of official duties. The first award was given to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Foreign-deployed Advisory Support Team agents, who participated in an operation to execute an Afghan search warrant at Darreh-ye Bazaar. During the operation, one of the military helicopters crashed. Special Agents Forrest Leamon, Chad Michael and Michael Weston were killed, along with seven other United States military personnel. The four remaining DEA agents evacuated the crash site, provided aid, protected injured colleagues and recovered the remains of the victims.

      The other individual honored with the Exceptional Heroism award was James Chois, who saved two wounded soldiers when the military unit in which he was embedded was attacked. During the ambush, Chois risked his life and engaged the enemy.

      The top public service award, the Attorney General's Award for Meritorious Public Service, and the second highest award for public service, the Attorney General's Award for Distinguished Service, were awarded to 16 different individuals and teams.

      The Award for Excellence in Law Enforcement recognized two recipients of DOJ for outstanding professional achievements. The first award was given to a team that conducted Operation Beanpot, which targeted five high-level drug trafficking and money laundering groups in the United States and Colombia. The investigation led to 78 arrests and a seizure of over $9.65 million in United States currency. The second award was given to Jose Chavarria, Chief Inspector of the U.S. Marshal's Service Mexico City Foreign Field Office. Chavarria was honored for his work in apprehending more than 500 international fugitives in 2008 and 2009, among other accomplishments.

      Additional awards presented at the awards ceremony include: the Attorney General's Awards for Exceptional Service in Indian Country, Excellence in Management, Excellence in Information Technology, Excellence in Furthering the Interests of U.S. National Security, Equal Employment Opportunity, Excellence in Legal Support, Excellence in Administrative Support, Outstanding Service in Freedom of Information Act Administration, Fraud Prevention, Outstanding Contributions to Community Partnerships for Public Safety, Outstanding Contributions by a Wage Grade System Employee, and Outstanding Contributions by a New Employee. The Claudia J. Flynn Award for Professional Responsibility and nine different John Marshall Awards were also presented.

      Click here to view all of the award recipients.

      Secret Cash Awards - Government Bribes

      You might appreciate these links about the law of Government-paid bribes to public employees:

      IRS Agents Can Get Cash Awards for making your life a LIVING HELL.pdf
      also at http://www.scribd.com/doc/26388678

      The Best Judges that Money Can Bribe.pdf
      also at http://www.scribd.com/doc/26389312

      Do I have absolute proof of any such (up to $35,000 - 5 USC 4501, etc) bribes going from Government to public employee? No. But a half-billion-dollar fund (5 USC 5408) for such bribes should scare any IRS victim. So far I have not succeeded in getting anyone to show me evidence of the bribe payments. I guess the bribe targets, amounts, and reasons comprise a national secret. But the law and rules seem quite public:

      5 USC 4501 et seq.
      5 USC 5401 et seq.
      IRM 1.2.45.6 (10-16-1992) - Delegation Order 81 (Rev. 17)
      5 CFR 870.103
      5 USC 101, 102 appendix - awards kept secret
      4 CFR 91.5 waiver of repayment of excess payment up to $10,000
      28 CFR 0.143, 0.11, 0.155 - waivers for others
      28 USC 455 exonerates judges from conflict of interest for taking secret cash awards

      We have no way of determining, through FOIA request, audit, or any other tool outside stealthy private investigation, how much money IRS agents, DOJ attorneys, or US judges receive as secret cash award bribes for persecuting favorite targets of the Executive or Judicial Branch, and apparently the Legislative Branch likes it that way. Today they persecute so-called "tax protesters." Tomorrow, dubitably, Quatloosians.

      bobhurtREWARDS FOR DOI