Tax Agency Refunds...Proper means to collect erroneous refunds

  • ddassie@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2010
      Forgive me if this is seems too basic;This is my first post in the forum. It seems somewhere I read or heard that the only proper means for the IRS to recover money it "erroneously" refunded was to sue the person in District Court and NOT through their collection procedures. I'm stumped as to where to begin looking. Does anyone know this to be true and also perhaps help me to understand where best to research this specific question and find the controling statute or IRM procedure.

      Thanks!