Re: [tips_and_tricks] To avoid giving your Social Security Number at a property closing

  • BOB GREGORY
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2010
      I forwarded part of this thread to a real estate investor relative who told me that a title company that he uses does not collect the ssn's and that they told him that there is no actual requirement for them.  It could be a question of finding the law, discovering exactly what it says and seeing if there is a substantive regulation with the force and effect of law involved.  I went ahead and checked it out.  The code section for this is 26 USC 6045.  The related regulation is 26 CFR 1.6045-4, and it is a substantive regulation with the force and effect of law.

      On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 12:12 PM, Clare Reading <oim4jr1@...> wrote:

      Greg ~
      How?

      I've seen a closing stopped and access to a Chase Home equity Loan stopped for refusing to allow use
      or continued use of the # in Arizona.

      ~ Clare