To avoid giving (a) Social Security Number at a property closing

  • Barry
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 4, 2010
      Re: "As I mentioned earlier to your secretary, I am very averse to giving out my SSN for any reason." Word to the wise Bear, Never admit, or claim, "ownership" of any govt's administratively created NUMBER! The proper response would be: 'First, I am not aware of any law which compels any Citizen to obtain such a Number, nor am I aware of any law subsequent to the Privacy Act of 1974 ( Public Law 93-579) whereby you could otherwise compel anyone having any such number to provide you with same. So unless you can actually provide me with specific Points and Authorities in law to refute the above, then I suggest that you Cease & Desist in your demands for such, otherwise I will be compelled to bring Civil Action for damages due to your violating my Rights, and subsequently demand that the State Bar review whether you are actually fit to practice law in this State.'

      "Ignorance of fact excuses; IGNORANCE OF THE LAW EXCUSE NOT. Every man must be taken to be cognizant of the law; otherwise there is no saying to what extent the excuse of ignorance may not be carried." Black's Law Dictionary Sixth Edition Centennial Edition (1981-1991) page 747

      Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: And a people who mean to be their own Governors, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. James Madison, U.S. President and primary Author of the Federalist Papers. Letter to W.T. Barry, August 4, 1822. - We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

      Leviticus 19:36; Deuteronomy 25:15-16 I John 4:6

      Wisdom is the principal thing; Therefore get wisdom. And in all your getting, Get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

      "vivus spartacus" All Rights Reserved
    • dave
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2010
        Always take advantage of the fact some pencil pusher asks for a number or
        information. For example..one can open up a bank account without being an
        individual or a corporation by virtue of Minutes of Meeting for the
        organization. Banks ask for it..so right then is your opportunity to slip
        this on the paper they ask for:

        Notice to Bank Personnel: If an EIN/SSN number has been provided under the 4
        corners condition to the IRS for which it was applied for: "For banking
        purposes only" in pursuit of happiness. No number provided represents an
        identity under any portion of **United States Code but is rather simply
        recognition by government limited to territory owned by and ceded to the
        United States of America. Any Social Security Number provided is simply to
        help the bank prevent fraud and does not establish any claim on identity
        under 26USC as all Social Security Numbers are the claimed property of the
        Social Security Administration--which only administrates accounts and does
        not own people.