Alaska Omnibus Act and 10th Amendment

  • randyconn
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2010
      I have a theory for discussion that Federal laws are drafted in
      conformance with the constitution and 10th Amendment, and that it is
      their misapplication that should be pointed out.

      *****
      Public Law 86-70
      AN ACT
      June 25, 1959
      To amend certain laws of the United States in light of the admission of
      the State of Alaska into the Union, and for other purposes.
      [H. R. 7120]
      Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United
      States of America in Congress assembled, That this Act may be cited as
      the “Alaska Omnibus Act”.

      TERMINATION OF APPLICATION OF CERTAIN FEDERAL LAWS
      SEC. 3. Any Territorial law, as that term is defined in section 8(d) of
      the Act of July 7, 1958 (72 Stat. 339, 344), providing for the admission
      of the State of Alaska into the Union-
      (a) which provides for the regulation of commerce within Alaska by an
      agency of the United States, and
      (b) the application of which to the State of Alaska is continued solely
      by reason of such section 8(d), shall cease to apply to the State of
      Alaska on June 30, 1961, or on the effective date of any law enacted by
      the Legislature of the State of Alaska which modifies or changes such
      Territorial law, whichever occurs first.
      ****
      The Alaska Omnibus Act changed the applicability of Federal law to
      Alaska after Alaska changed from a Federal territory/state to a State of
      the Union.

      I think this issue is what the Attorney General of Virginia is fighting
      in his lawsuit against Obamacare. I really wish someone in Arizona
      would point out the above to the Feds.