RE: [tips_and_tricks] I need help resolving an IRS issue.

  • dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010

      Wilson:

      The State of California and/or IRS went fishing and you’re starting to take the bait. Read the letter again within the guidelines of someone fishing for information based on a “hunch” yet without any proof. Trust me: If they thought you owed, the letter would be much more threatening. Government is all about getting innocent people to volunteer incriminating evidence government is prevented from collecting.

      Not much time to waste….Since you’re new to the game, contact “Legal Bear” for immediate educational help.

      If you stick with freedom thoughts long enough, eventually you’ll desire to know “how it ALL works” ….if so you’ll want an advanced course on how government and law works by becoming a student of www.edrivera.com . Well worth the money.

      Dave

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5335 (20100802) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • Chris
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2010
        Dear Wilson

        Your situation appears complicated however it really is not. (in my opinion) I suggest that you file for the years where you did not. If no one generated a W-2 or a 1099 on your behalf, then there is no income to report� If you show a loss every year in your business then there is still no income to be taxed�. As far as California goes, paying one�s mortgage with savings, or proceeds from a loan is not taxable � income. It would appear to me that someone there is assuming � that you made money. What happens is the banks issue 1099’s stating interest paid or charged and send these 1099’s to the state and IRS. It is then up to you to rebut these information returns. If you do not, they eventually send you a Hey you did not file� notice. Did you receive any of these little notices? If so, they must be rebutted.

        If you had a loss then it is a simple matter, (again my opinion) of correcting them (the state) and showing the loss, etc.Tedious, yes but necessary to stop future harassment.

        It might be as simple as writing them a letter asking them to send you any documents they have showing where you made taxable income. Please send them to you for your verification. Does California have a tax account transcript they can send to you? This would show if they indeed had any records stating where you made $$$. If the IRS has not sent you anything yet it is probably because they have not received a W2 or 1099. That is their only notice that you have made taxable income if no one sent any of these to them, they have no idea if you owe anything at all. Again, you can request an account transcript from the IRS. It will show any information returns (W2s ,1099 etc that were sent to them�

        Use form 4506t to request transcripts from the IRS.

        Hope some of this helps.

        -C
      • Wilson Montgomery
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2010
          Stupid question below : - (

          Since I have to return my completed tax returns for the 2007 year (reflecting zero income) to the State Of California Filing Enforcement Section Franchise Tax Board in Sacramento California (per their request, since they are the one that wrote to me with the August 6th deadline for my 2007 tax returns), I am not sure which form(s) I should send them, as they did not specify what tax form(s) they actually want. My tax preparer gave me a completed form 540 to send them, yet he also prepared form 1040. Yet I am thinking I should just send both to the state of California. Please review and advise. Thank you.

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5, 2010
            Wilson Montgomery presumes:

            > Since I have to return my completed tax returns for the 2007 year
            > (reflecting zero income) to the State Of California Filing Enforcement
            > Section Franchise Tax Board in Sacramento California (per their
            > request, since they are the one that wrote to me with the August 6th
            > deadline for my 2007 tax returns),

            "They"? In California?? You must be new to this list. Welcome!

            For you and other newcomers, it might be news that nobody in California
            decided to commit as needed and fulfill the prerequisites for acting in
            any official capacity under the requirements mandated by the state's own
            constitution. It's been years since anyone wanted to be the only one to
            stick their neck out and buck the herd mentality and take personal
            responsibility. Most paycheck-anticipating public employees are honest
            but merely ignorant, having never actually read and understood the very
            constitution they believe they've sworn to uphold. If they actually
            read it they'd understand their own inability to act upon anyone other
            than gullible na�ve believers who themselves cannot be bothered to read
            it and act as though it carried any weight.

            > I am not sure which form(s) I
            > should send them, as they did not specify what tax form(s) they
            > actually want.

            Admissions and confessions are often left to the creative minds of the
            victims of predatory agencies and power-hungry types. They'll be happy
            to use anything against you that you choose to give them!

            > My tax preparer gave me a completed form 540 to send
            > them, yet he also prepared form 1040.

            You are blessed with educated and capable people where you are located,
            but I cannot find ONE accountant capable of correctly accounting for the
            monetary items I carry in my pocket that I received in trade for my own
            time and attention and labor and other substance I trade from time to
            time. Which of the two monetary systems created to operate
            simultaneously by congress did you choose to use? Did your professional
            assistant go over the differences and advantages of each one with you
            before you made your choice of which one to use? Why did he choose to
            use an expired form for you?

            > Yet I am thinking I should just
            > send both to the state of California. Please review and advise. Thank
            > you.

            We cannot give legal advice here. But we can advise that one read and
            understand the laws that affect them, beginning with the constitutions
            and actual statutes that govern ones activities. One may disregard
            those laws which only deal with the activities of others that one does
            not partake in. For example, I do not even read the laws dealing with
            disposal of nuclear wastes because I do not produce nuclear wastes.

            Do you waive rights voluntarily or are you being blackmailed the way
            most legislators are?