Re: Case law: "Redemption", "Strawman", etc.

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Jake <jake_28079@...> wrote:

      > And regarding commercial transactions, a definition of
      >"Money" found in Black's Law Dictionary, 6th Ed. (p. 1005) is:
      >
      >  "A medium of exchange authorized or adopted by a domestic
      > or foreign government as part of its currency.  U.C.C.
      > 1-204(24)."

      If it were me, I would cite Black's Law De Luxe Fourth Edition:

      "MONEY: In usual and ordinary acceptation it means
      gold, silver, or paper money used as circulating
      medium of exchange, and does not embrace notes,
      bonds, evidences of debt, or other personal or
      real estate."

      It goes on to explain more about "money", often
      only as coin.

      "Evidences of debt." Isn't that....Why I believe it is.

      Not picking on you, Jake. Just picking a "better definition.'