Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: red-light camera

  • esenter
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 1, 2010
      I'll tell you guys how I won a red light case in Garland, Tx.

      I got  a ticket for allegedly running a red light.  The only evidence was two pictures taken of a vehicle registered in my name.  The first picture showed the vehicle in the intersection 0.3 seconds after the light turned red.  The second picture showed the vehicle leaving the intersection allegedly at 35mph.

      I followed the instructions on the ticket and went to a "hearing".  The "hearing officer" rubber stamped me guilty and fined me $75.00.  I followed the instructions on the paper the hearing officer gave me and filed an appeal to the Garland Municipal Court of Record after posting a $150.00 cash bond.

      I had a trial before the judge (no right to a jury).  The only evidence the prosecutor had was the two photos.  I argued that there was no way to tell from the photos where the vehicle was WHEN THE LIGHT TURNED RED.  The judge agreed, found me not guilty, and the clerk returned my bond about 6 weeks later.