Don't like giving out SSN's? .Fox Business News says "make up an SSN"

  • dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 15, 2010
      Yes.it is true that you do not need an SSN..absolutely. However bear this in mind:

      1. Most employers/banks don't know this.

      2. They are DIRECTED by the IRS "information officers" to make it their policy to only offer services or employment based on SSN. [I tried to get EEOC interested in several documented cases..not a chance!]

      3. They don't care to know you don't have one.. and perfectly willing to let you go elsewhere.

      I checked with 22 banks here and ALL parrot back the words of the IRS: "It is our POLICY that we need an SSN to open an account. You are free to go elsewhere. "

      Employers state the same thing. "It is our policy that you have an SSN in order to work here."

      Only BOA said they would open up an account w/o an SSN..but only if they were showed ID from another country..like Mexican ID for example.

      Now if ANYONE knows of a bank that has a policy of NOT needing an SSN, let me know. I want to put it up on a website..like a whole list of banks.