Re:Forfeiture - be careful, you could be next...

  • Ron Goodger
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2010
      Message
      This article reminds me of when I read about the witch burnings in Salem, Massachusetts.  They were accusing and burning innocent people because the judges and prosecutors got to confiscate and divide up the property of the deceased.  When the law was changed so that the property was not forfeit but went to the rightful heirs, the witch burnings stopped.

      They are not killing people nowadays, but they surely are robbing innocent people on the same pretexts of false accusation they were using back then.  Here is a very comprehensive article about it.  The citizenry should be up in arms to get this practice changed.  We need more stringent rules on just when property can be forfeit so that exploitation of the innocent will cease.

      Ron