Finding "Legislative Intent"...

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2010
      I thought I would let anyone interested know that I found a way to get "Legislative Intent" from Law Libraries when you live too far away:

      http://www.govtinfo.org/

      I had a long "chat" (electronic) with a librarian at the site above and received via email and FTP several excellent pieces of documentation (nearly 600 pages from 1908, 1909, 1945 and 1946) for several section of US Code, easily, free of charge, and right now!

      I wonder what else I could use...

      Oh!

      I know!

      Does anyone know where to find the "Legislative Intent" for the abolishing of the Office of the "Assessment Officer"?

      Michael

      IMPORTANT: The information contained in this email message, and any attachments, is intended only for the individual/entity named herein. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and destroy all originals and copies of this message. Nothing contained within, or inferred by, this communication is to be construed to be legal, financial or tax advice. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any kind or work product privilege.