DEALING WITH FALLEN IDOLS

  • BOB GREGORY
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2009
      This is probably not going to be a popular article.  Almost all of us know a cop or former cop who is a good guy.  You may also know an honest lawyer and a really ethical used car salesman.  You may even believe your own congressman is a really good guy, though the general opinion in the country gives Congress a 22% approval rating.  There are plenty of people who know an illegal Mexican who is a nice, gentle guy who works hard, doesn't drink or do drugs and has a nice family.  But overall, illegals cost the country around $300 billion a year, commit lots of crimes and constitute a major percentage of people in jails and prisons, particularly in California and the Southwest.  My point is that exceptions do not negate general truths.

      The general truth Larken Rose writes about is a major concern for all citizens.  Gone are the days of Sheriff Andy Taylor and Barney Fife.  If you are still hanging onto such a nostalgic concept, you must not get out much or watch the news.

      This is but one of many areas where we harbor misconceptions, often long beyond the time when we begin to wake up to the truth.  The reason is that we don't want to accept that our country is not what we have grown up believing it to be (and it almost never was, though it was much better several decades ago).

      The very fact that you are reading this is an indicator that you are pretty far above average.  Most average people and below average people pay little or no attention to much more than the surface areas of their lives.  They know little of politics beyond what they see on commercial television.  They have been deliberately dumbed down in a state-run educational system.  They have been given vast entertainment options involving X-boxes, reality TV, NASCAR, professional sports of all kinds, Oprah, Dr. Phil, soap operas, college sports, high school sports, WWF wrestling, etc.  Around 46% do not pay income taxes but receive many "benefits" paid for by others.  They have been led to believe it is the government's job to "take care of" them.  All of this constitutes a form of conditioning.  You have probably participated yourself to one degree or another.

      The result of the conditioning has been that people paid little or no attention to what was going on around them.  The changes are fairly subtle, the costs hidden in monster budgets and the belief that people can get things "free."  But the U.S. has been changing for the worse and will continue to change as it approaches economic collapse and ever more draconian rule.

      We have been snookered, and the emerging police state is only one aspect of it.  Read Larken Rose's article and then do some thinking.

      =====================

      Fascist Pigs AND Cowardly Wimps

      Monday, 14 December 2009 09:37

      A while ago I posted a series of articles titled "Cops: Public
      Servants or Fascist Pigs?" Here are all seven parts:

      http://www.larkenrose.com/tmds-blog/1840.html
      http://www.larkenrose.com/tmds-blog/1843.html
      http://www.larkenrose.com/tmds-blog/1844.html

      And the conclusion, as demonstrated by various examples, was that
      those who act as mercenaries for the politicians (while pretending
      to be "protectors") are not our friends, care nothing about
      individual rights, and make society more dangerous, not safer.
      Well, now I'd like to add something to that. Not only are American
      "police" fascist pigs, they're also wimps. These days more and more
      "law enforcers" are nothing more than thugs on a power trip--and
      several former police officers have agreed with me on this. Like
      most bullies, cops tend to be total cowards.

      Why do uneducated, relatively stupid young men join street gangs?
      Because the pack gives them a feeling of power--something they
      didn't have on their own. If you're in the biggest, toughest,
      baddest gang, it's easy to hide your personal cowardice. And that's
      exactly why a lot of people become "law enforcers" these days:
      because it's the biggest street gang around, and they know that
      whatever they do, the rest of the gang will "have their backs." If
      you have any doubts about this, you can watch the following series
      of videos:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH9k8L3oDa4

      But I've talked plenty about police thuggery before. This time, the
      topic is police cowardice. To me, the phrase that really sums up
      what a bunch of wimpy pansies the cops really are is "assaulting an
      officer." You see, after they beat you up, they run crying home to
      mommy--"the government"--to say you started it, and to ask mommy to
      beat you up some more. What bravery! What courage!

      These days, what "assaulting an officer" usually means is, "We
      stopped you without a good reason, interrogated you without
      justification, searched your stuff without a warrant or probable
      cause, and then beat the hell out of you when you didn't happily
      lick our boots ... and that makes you a criminal." If you look at
      all the police abuse videos on the internet, in MOST cases the
      VICTIM gets charged with "assaulting an officer." And over and over
      again, our noble public protector (fascist pig) police are so busy
      "protecting and serving" that they fail to notice the guy with the
      camcorder, filming them assaulting unarmed, unresisting innocent
      citizens. Then they lie in court ... until the defense shows the
      video. Oops! So the guy who got beat up by the fascist is let go
      ... and usually NOTHING happens to the Nazi thugs (except they get
      a paid holiday, called "paid administrative leave"). Here's another
      article to show you how brave and noble the cops are:

      And that article ends with something I've said before: if cops are
      mostly good, but with a few bad apples, where are the GOOD cops
      speaking out against all the abuse? If there are only a few bad
      apples, why will a dozen cops STAND AROUND WATCHING while a couple
      "bad apples" beat the tar out of some innocent victim? The answer
      should be obvious: there aren't good cops. Every last one of them
      cares more about the gang he is in than they do about the people
      they claim to be "protecting" and "serving."

      (See if you think these guys are protectors or control freaks.)
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmByfTKKUV4

      But back to the issue of cowardice, imagine the following scenario.
      YOU are a border crossing guard (maybe at the border, maybe not).
      You stop everyone passing through, sometimes asking a couple
      questions, sometimes asking to search through their stuff. Then
      along comes someone who doesn't WANT to be interrogated, and
      doesn't WANT to have his stuff searched, since you don't have the
      slightest shred of probable cause to think he didn't anything
      "illegal" (much less anything wrong).

      So there you are, with your mace, your taser, your gun, and lots of
      similarly armed members of your gang in the immediate area. The guy
      is alone and unarmed. It's hard to think of a more lop-sided
      mismatch. What would the guy have to do for you to want him
      PROSECUTED for "assaulting" YOU? What, you and your gang of heavily
      armed mercenaries couldn't handle one little unarmed guy? You have
      to go crying to Big Brother that the peasant struck you? Boo hoo,
      you wuss. (I'm still waiting to see the pictures of a bruised and
      bleeding state mercenary after such an alleged "assault" has
      occurred; but I've seen plenty of pictures of bruised and bleeding
      citizens after our wonderful "public servants" were done with them.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB_Hl4bcQNc )

      When there is a scuffle between the fascists and citizens, and the
      only charges afterwards are "resisting arrest" and/or "assaulting
      an officer," it's a safe assumption that THE FASCISTS ARE LYING. As
      a mental exercise, see if you can think of a scenario in which
      one's only crime can be "resisting arrest." (Hint: If that was your
      only crime, what were they arresting you for in the first place?)
      And how many people do you actually think would, when surrounded by
      cops, decide to attack one of them without provocation? And if the
      cops didn't charge him with something else, what were they doing
      surrounding him in the first place?

      Aside from the fact that cops keep getting caught falsely claiming
      that someone attacked them, or at least resisted the fascists'
      attacks, even if someone DOES forcibly resist their fascist
      thuggery, why couldn't a gang of heavily armed, combat-trained
      tough guys handle one unruly guy without having to whine to mommy
      to prosecute him? I don't know the exact statistics, but there are
      lots of fist-fights in the world every day, and only in a small
      percentage of cases does anyone try to have the other guy
      prosecuted for it ... except when one side works for "government."
      So why are cops such thin-skinned pansies? I suspect it's the other
      way around: they became cops because they already were insecure,
      whiny wusses. The need the badge to feel important and powerful.
      And when someone doesn't unquestioningly bow before them, their
      gang of cowards reverts to outright thuggery.

      Make no mistake: the job of the state mercenaries is to protect and
      serve the politicians. And that's all. When the tyrants say that
      YOU should be robbed, assaulted, silenced, controlled or
      imprisoned, it's the "law enforcers" who make it happen. In the
      past, they used to put on a show of "protecting" the public, but
      these days that charade is all but gone. The police are the
      shepherds of the human livestock, and that's all. Try to step out
      of the sheering line, and you'll quickly learn what the jackboots
      are there for.

      The fascists, in a feeble attempt to cling to their "good guy"
      image, sometimes use the saying, "You hate us, until you need us."
      I don't know about you, but I've never called a cop to protect me,
      and highly doubt I ever will. I have some friends nearby--Mr. Glock
      and Mr. Mossberg, among others--who are far more reliable. On the
      other hand, the only time I've ever been robbed, the cops were
      there ASSISTING IN THE ROBBERY--which made them about the only
      robbers I couldn't successfully resist by force by myself. And for
      those who have been robbed by non-government thieves, you might
      want to keep in mind that: 1) the cops hardly ever show up in time
      to stop a crime--they just write a report about it after the fact,
      and 2) the cops don't even have a legal obligation to protect
      anyone ( http://dial911.itgo.com ). And there is hardly anyone who
      has been deprived of more property by private crooks than they have
      by "government" mercenaries.

      But what's really sad is how often the VICTIMS of statism support
      their oppressors, and are quick to condemn their fellow oppressed.
      "Well, if you just do whatever the cops tell you to...." Yes, you
      can choose to be a compliant slave, never lifting a finger to
      defend your rights, your property, or your human dignity. Some of
      us are trying for something better than that.

      Larken Rose
      http://www.larkenrose.com