Re: [tips_and_tricks] Marriage License

  • The Handyman
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009

      I was married at 64 and again at 72 using this certificate which I recorded at the Parish courthouse for $5.00.

      CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

                  This is to certify a contract of marriage between:

      Robert ____________ and Josephine ________________

      Joined this ____day of _________, in the year of our Redeemer, Yahshua Messiah,__________, in the Holy Bonds of Matrimony.  Know All Men by these Present, that we; Robert ___________ and Josephine ______________, have mutually promised and agreed to enter into the Holy bonds of matrimony, which having been publicly known, do now come together this day to unite ourselves as husband and wife; and that we do so this day in the sight of our Father, Yahweh, and done in accordance with and under His Divine Laws, do now freely make the following pledges to unite as husband and wife:

      I, Robert _____________, being a free, white, single male, in agreement to the above, do promise to take this woman, Josephine _______________, to be my lawful and wedded wife, to live together after the Holy Precepts of our Heavenly Father; to love, honor, and protect her; forsake all others; keep myself faithful and loyal to her; for better or worse, in sickness and in health; and to cleave unto her so long as we both shall live.

      I, Josephine ______________, being a free, white single female, in agreement to the above, do promise to take this man, Robert _________________ , to be my lawful and wedded husband, to live together after the Holy Precepts of our Heavenly Father; to love, honor, and obey him; forsake all others; keep myself faithful and loyal to him; for better or worse, in sickness and in health; and to cleave unto him so long as we both shall live.

      By these present under the Laws of Yahweh, we the undersigned declare to all, that we are husband and wife and pray in the Name of Yahweh that joy, peace, health, and prosperity attend our wedded life.

      Husband                                                                                  Wife

      What Yahweh Has Joined Together, Let No Man Put Assunder!

      Witnessed:

      _____________________
      _____________________
      _____________________
      _____________________

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
        Marriage to the State and limitations and benefits:

        Here is a true life example.

        Man and wife married for 44 years. They reach retirement age. Man has always worked, Wife, due to physical limitations worked very little. Both are US Vet's from the USMC.

        Her SSN check upon reaching 65 is a less than 200.00 a month. His is less than 900.00 a month.

        They review Veteran benefit's and notice that there is a pension benefit for any vet who has served during wartime and has a honorable discharge. Research show's that the age 65 Vet may collect up to 1800.00 a month if they have little or no income.

        Husband contact's Veteran's administration and makes an inquiry for the female vet. They say why yes, she is eligible.

        Husband begins answering questions and at one point the clerk ask's "What is YOUR relationship to her?"

        The response is, I am her husband. The clerk then ask, "What is YOUR income?" Husband ask's what doe's that have to do with her benefits? Clerk replies" We have to take in consideration what the husband makes to see if SHE qualifies'".

        So Husband respond's "So, Since we are both VET's, you mean to tell me that if we were divorced, neither of us would have to consider the other's income in this application? Now we hear a sputter on the phone as the clerk say.. ER.. why yes, but we do not recommend anyone get divorced in order to collect those retirement benefit's."

        So now we have the two people, both vet's married with a LICENSE who now get about 995 a month together for their retirement. IF they were to divorce, both VET's would qualify for 1800.00 each for a total of 3600.00 a month in income by simply loosing the State or 3rd party out of the marriage.

        In essence, being married in a case of this nature is an expensive prospect. The pension information for VET's can be found on the VA web site should anyone care to read them.

        Chuck

        In a message dated 12/11/2009 1:32:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, vze4bqdp@... writes:

        At 08:00 AM 12/10/2009, you wrote:
        >Regarding dissolution of marriage, it pleases me to say that I can't
        >speak from experience. I've been married to the same woman for all
        >these years. It's interesting to imagine, though, what it would be
        >like to tell the court, in essence, that since the state had no part
        >in my marriage, the state has no authority and no say in its dissolution.

        This raises some very curious questions.

        How, then, is an "unlicensed" marriage properly dissolved, for
        example? How was property accumulated during the marriage and, now,
        how is it distributed between two potentially mean spirited
        antagonists? What about foreign marriages, particularly those never
        having been subject to licensing? What jurisdictional limitations
        might be in place barring court intrusions, if any? Which are the courts?

      • vicki mangum