Re: Little g is JEALOUS of BIG G

  • Patrick M
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 6, 2009
      MARRIAGE LICENSES are a perfect way to illustrate people's UNQUESTIONING
      obedience to SUPPOSED authority.

      LICENSE, contracts. A right given by some competent authority to do an act,
      which without such authority would be illegal. The instrument or writing
      which secures this right, is also called a license. Vide Ayl. Parerg, 353;
      15 Vin. Ab. 92; Ang. Wat. Co. 61, 85. (Bouvier's Law Dictionary 1856)

      License fee or tar. The price paid to governmental or municipal authority
      for a license to engage in and pursue a particular calling or occupation.
      See home Ins. Co. v. Angusta, 50 Ga. 537; Levi v. Louisville, 97 Ky. 394, 30
      S. W. 073, 28 L B- A. 480. BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY, 2ND EDITION, pg. 724

      LICENSE. A personal privilege to do some particular act or series of acts
      on land without possessing any estate or interest thereon, and is ordinarily
      revocable at the will of the licenser... The permission by competent
      authority to do an act which, without such permission, would be illegal, a
      trespass, a tort, or otherwise not allowable. Leave to do thing which
      licenser could prevent. Permission to do a particular thing, to exercise a
      certain privilege or carry on a particular business or to pursue a certain
      occupation.

      A permit granted by an appropriate governmental body, generally for a
      consideration, to a person, firm or corporation to pursue some occupation or
      to carry on some business subject to regulation under the police power. A
      license is not a contract between the state and the licensee, but is a mere
      personal permit.

      A permit to use the streets is a mere permit revocable at pleasure. The
      privilege of using the streets and highways by the operation thereon by
      motor carriers for hire can be acquired only by permission or license from
      the state or its political subdivisions. (Emphasis added) BLACK’S LAW
      DICTIONARY, 4th EDITION

      Given the above DEFINITIONS, WHY would some need to be LICENSED unless the
      SPECIFIC ACTIVITY was one which was “subject to regulation under the police
      power” & DESIGNATED so in law?

      PUBLIC UTILITIES CODE 5352. The use of the public highways for the
      transportation of passengers for compensation is a business affected with a
      public interest. It is the purpose of this chapter to preserve for the
      public full benefit and use of public highways consistent with the needs of
      commerce without unnecessary congestion or wear and tear upon the highways;
      to secure to the people adequate and dependable transportation by carriers
      operating upon the highways; to secure full and unrestricted flow of traffic
      by motor carriers over the highways which will adequately meet reasonable
      public demands by providing for the regulation of all transportation
      agencies with respect to accident indemnity so that adequate and dependable
      service by all necessary transportation agencies shall be maintained and the
      full use of the highways preserved to the public; and to promote carrier and
      public safety through its safety enforcement regulations.

      http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=puc
      <http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/displaycode?section=puc&group=05001-06000
      &file=5351-5363> &group=05001-06000&file=5351-5363

      So why would anyone today need a MARRIAGE LICENSE unless they planned on
      marrying a BLOOD RELATIVE such as a brother, sister or first cousin?

      Of course if someone wants the STATE to be a PARTY to the contract between a
      HUSBAND & WIFE and for the STATE to have a say in the FRUITS (children,
      assets, etc.) of the MARRIAGE, then getting a marriage license would be a
      good thing.

      “This state is a party to every marriage contract of its own residents as
      well as the guardian of their morals.” Roberts v. Roberts, 81 Cal.App.2d
      871 (1947)

      http://login.findlaw.com/scripts/callaw?dest=ca/calapp2d/81/871.html

      That is if you like having a PARTNER who CONTRIBUTES nothing and can tell
      you what to do.

      "When two people decide to get married, they are required to first procure a
      license from the State. If they have children of this marriage, they are
      required by the State to submit their children to certain things, such as
      school attendance and vaccinations. Furthermore, if at some time in the
      future the couple decides the marriage is not working, they must petition
      the State for a divorce. Marriage is a three-party contract between the man,
      the woman, and the State.” West v. West, 689 N.E.2d 1215 (1998)

      And WHAT IF the STATE says NO? After all IF the STATE can GRANT permission
      to marry, CAN’T it also WITHHOLD it?

      Could this scenario happen one day in America?

      Social services 'to take baby from teenager deemed too stupid to marry'

      A mother-to-be, who was banned from marrying after social workers said she
      is not intelligent enough, is to have her baby taken away immediately after
      giving birth.

      Kerry Robertson, 17, who has mild learning difficulties, has been told that
      she will not be allowed to bring up her own child, who she has already named
      Ben.

      Last month Miss Robertson was prevented from marrying her fiancé Mark
      McDougall, 25, after council officials claimed that she “did not understand
      the implications of getting married”.

      She has now been warned that she will only be allowed a few hours with her
      baby, which is due in January, before it is taken into foster care.

      After hearing the news, Miss Robertson, of Dunfermline, Fife, who is 26
      weeks pregnant, said: “I couldn't believe it. I am so upset – I can't stop
      crying.”

      Mr McDougall, an artist, said he wants to take on full responsibility for
      his son but claims that he is powerless because he is not married to Miss
      Robertson.

      He added: “Social Services are ruining our lives. As we are not married –
      because social workers would not let us marry – it seems I have no rights as
      a dad at all.

      …

      Two days before the ceremony, two social workers visited their flat and told
      them that the marriage was illegal because of Miss Robertson’s learning
      difficulties.

      The service and reception for 20 guests had to be called off despite the
      couple having already bought rings and a wedding dress.

      At the time, Miss Robertson said: “I know what marriage is. It is when two
      folks want to spend the rest of their lives together. I love Mark and I want
      to get married to him.”

      Mr McDougall added: “Despite arguing that we loved one another and didn't
      want our baby to be born to unwed parents, they would not budge. It's a
      nightmare.”

      He claims that social services have exaggerated the extent of Miss
      Robertson’s learning difficulties and that she is hoping to go back to
      college to catch up academically.

      …

      In May it was disclosed that Rachel Pullen, 24, had her three-year-old
      daughter taken away from her by social services when she was six months old
      after Nottingham City Council officials deemed her too stupid to look after
      the child.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/scotland/6365363/Social-
      services-to-take-baby-from-teenager-deemed-too-stupid-to-marry.html

      Patrick in California

      "It ain't what ya don't know that hurts ya. What really puts a hurtin' on ya
      is what ya knows for sure, that just ain't so." -- Uncle Remus

      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2009
        Fred Marshall wrote:

        > I don't claim to be an authority on this, and encourage you to confirm
        > what I'm saying, but I'm pretty certain my understanding of this that
        > I'm about to share is correct. (If it isn't, then I'm open to be
        > straightened out with verifiable facts.)

        > When couples obtain
        > a marriage license (license being permission to do that which is
        > otherwise illegal), they unknowingly enter into a contract with the
        > state, essentially marrying the state, in a sense. Because the state
        > becomes a party to the marriage (legal polygamy, sort of), it also has
        > legal interest in whatever is produced by the marriage, i.e. children.

        That's how I believe it to be as well. Evidence seems to prove it. But
        then I wonder, why didn't *I* have to get one?! What saved this lowly
        peasant from the trap? I was never specially informed. Why do I not
        seem to fit in?!

        > Patrick M wrote:
        > >
        > > A parent who actually does spend time with their child & HOME-
        > SCHOOLS
        > > them, may be FORCED to put them into PUBLIC SCHOOLS for REASONS
        > > totally UNRELATED to their kid's ACADEMIC performance.

        This is a result of people who apply for and sign contracts out of peer
        group pressure, false beliefs, for whatever reason they do it (I don't
        do it!) and then they want to back out later when the specific
        performances they agreed to but of which they claim they were now
        unaware make themselves felt and are experienced as being uncomfortable.

        Maybe this phenomenon might go away soon since we all have Google to
        satisfy any vestiges of curiosity out there. Maybe the ignorant will
        die out. Not much hope of that, is there? I can think of no way to
        stop people from doing "whatever-everybody-else-does". I do admit I get
        a lot of entertainment watching them do these things that they will
        defend to the death but cannot articulately defend their reasons for so
        doing. An accountant told me to "talk to the hand" the other day. I
        Googled the phrase later. I had held out 3 different U.S. coins each
        purporting to be a dollar (all of different substances and weights), and
        2 pure 1 oz. silver rounds the same size as the latest minted "dollar"
        coin, and asked, "how would you report all of this as income if I had
        received it for my own property that I delivered in return?" I wanted
        to see if she knew anything about the Kahre cases, and the answer would
        prove it. I never learned. I just got insulted.

        No, I cannot stop people from believing lies and acting upon them. I
        have spent a long time trying and cannot even stop my own family from
        being like lemmings. People will continue to buy licenses they don't
        need, and pay taxes they don't owe, and believe false science, and not
        read basic laws until it is too late for them to do the right thing
        anymore. "Nobody told me, boo hoo!" Yes, nobody will tell you because
        they do not have the time and odds are, you do not have the curiosity
        and any respect for their time.

        Here's a bottom line: If there is something you do not like, and you
        have the brains to avoid it and not embrace it like a Tar Baby, there is
        a law (or laws you can use in conjunction) out there somewhere for you
        to use to get away from it. I have personally invalidated and
        disqualified all antagonistic offensive arrogant "contestants" (for
        credibility??) for decades now. The reason is, I wanted to do it before
        I did it!! I didn't wait until it was too late and I didn't engage in
        paper contracts with my signature to obtain the privilege of regulation
        by those I disqualified. That would have been hypocrisy, which I
        personally despise.

        It appears the momentum of the masses cannot be resisted. Things are
        getting worse. The plane is headed for the cliffs. Please do what you
        can to prepare your own parachutes if you know how. If you don't know
        how, you'll never have as much an opportunity to learn as now with the
        internet. All the info is out there somewhere now. I quit doing my old
        things because too many were doing it all way better. It's like we've
        all jumped out of the plane and are now dependent upon our own
        parachutes and how well they were packed pre-flight.

        May you all land softly!

      • The Handyman
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 8, 2009
          It just so happens that I am working on a divorce case settlement in New York using the money issue and in my research found the following admission:

          "At common law the courts of this State had no jurisdiction over matrimonial matters and, hence the power of the Supreme Court over such matters is derived solely by virtue of statutory grants of authority. (Langerman v. Langerman, 303 N. Y. 465, 470, supra.) * * *

          <http://www.versuslaw.com>; 291 N.Y.S.2d 123; 57 Misc. 2d 86

          At common law there was no license.

          Moderator/Bear: Although courts acknowledge and respect the General Assembly's authority to modify or abrogate common law, such changes will not be recognized unless they are clearly expressed. Vigil v. Franklin, 103 P.3d 322 (Colo. 2004). Therefore, absent clear legislative intent, the common law prevails in any conflict with statutory law. Bayer v. Crested Butte Mountain Resort, Inc., 960 P.2d 70 (Colo. 1998).
        • Email41@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 9, 2009
            Marriage licenses provided for by civil statute were grants of privileges for interracial unions forbidden by the Scripture. The requirement for all "US citizens" to make an application for a license for marriage was instituted under A. Lincoln shortly after the military conflicts ended in the occupied territories.

            A very good primer on this issue could be found in the article "Prolegomena to Current Martial Rule" found here: http://ecclesia.org/truth/prolegomena.html

            "At common law the courts of this State had no jurisdiction over matrimonial matters and, hence the power of the Supreme Court over such matters is derived solely by virtue of statutory grants of authority. (Langerman v. Langerman, 303 N. Y. 465, 470, supra.) * * *

            <http://www.versuslaw.com>; 291 N.Y.S.2d 123; 57 Misc. 2d 86

          • CarlS
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 10, 2009
              When I got married almost 25 years ago, I blindly accepted and followed the instruction of well-meaning friends, and even our pastor, that we must get a marriage license. When I asked why I needed a license, they said it's necessary to get certain government benefits, yada, yada, yada. Had I known then what I know now, I would not have applied for a license (permission!!!) to marry. I know now that I don't need, nor do I even desire, the government's permission to marry. Rather than ask the government's permission, I simply tell the government that I'm married, and the government has no say in the matter. In fact, as I see it, no human has the authority to marry me or to pronounce me as "husband." The only authority another human has is to recognize me as being married (because I'm married even without his/her recognition), witness the vows that we make before man and God, and with my permission and blessing, present me and my bride to those present at the ceremony.

              Regarding dissolution of marriage, it pleases me to say that I can't speak from experience. I've been married to the same woman for all these years. It's interesting to imagine, though, what it would be like to tell the court, in essence, that since the state had no part in my marriage, the state has no authority and no say in its dissolution.
            • enilak666@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 10, 2009
                If you and your spouse believe alike, you can always divorce and then remarry as you wish, without a state license or permission. I agree with all that you've said on the subject of marriage licenses. From what I've seen on the Web it is that the requirement for a government license to marry originated when a mixed race couple wanted to unite. This was because back in the olden days (1) a black person was considered to be property and needed permission to marry, and (2) because any offspring would be half black, a question of inheriting property would arise, since property couldn't own property. Also, by including the government as a party to the marriage contract, it gave the state the right to dictate how you raised your children and required attendance at school to receive an education.
                That is how child welfare services came to control your children's welfare, even to sending them off to war and die. There are many aspects to this issue.

              • vze4bqdp@optonline.net
                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                  At 08:00 AM 12/10/2009, you wrote:
                  >Regarding dissolution of marriage, it pleases me to say that I can't
                  >speak from experience. I've been married to the same woman for all
                  >these years. It's interesting to imagine, though, what it would be
                  >like to tell the court, in essence, that since the state had no part
                  >in my marriage, the state has no authority and no say in its dissolution.

                  This raises some very curious questions.

                  How, then, is an "unlicensed" marriage properly dissolved, for
                  example? How was property accumulated during the marriage and, now,
                  how is it distributed between two potentially mean spirited
                  antagonists? What about foreign marriages, particularly those never
                  having been subject to licensing? What jurisdictional limitations
                  might be in place barring court intrusions, if any? Which are the courts?
                • Jim
                  Message 8 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                    http://sedm.org/ItemInfo/Ebooks/SovChristianMarriage/SovChristianMarriage.htm

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Moderator/Bear: I'm letting this on because sedm.org links to me. But, I do so w/ the caveat that this is not the best place to get doctrine or teaching on spiritual principles.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009

                      I was married at 64 and again at 72 using this certificate which I recorded at the Parish courthouse for $5.00.

                      CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

                                  This is to certify a contract of marriage between:

                      Robert ____________ and Josephine ________________

                      Joined this ____day of _________, in the year of our Redeemer, Yahshua Messiah,__________, in the Holy Bonds of Matrimony.  Know All Men by these Present, that we; Robert ___________ and Josephine ______________, have mutually promised and agreed to enter into the Holy bonds of matrimony, which having been publicly known, do now come together this day to unite ourselves as husband and wife; and that we do so this day in the sight of our Father, Yahweh, and done in accordance with and under His Divine Laws, do now freely make the following pledges to unite as husband and wife:

                      I, Robert _____________, being a free, white, single male, in agreement to the above, do promise to take this woman, Josephine _______________, to be my lawful and wedded wife, to live together after the Holy Precepts of our Heavenly Father; to love, honor, and protect her; forsake all others; keep myself faithful and loyal to her; for better or worse, in sickness and in health; and to cleave unto her so long as we both shall live.

                      I, Josephine ______________, being a free, white single female, in agreement to the above, do promise to take this man, Robert _________________ , to be my lawful and wedded husband, to live together after the Holy Precepts of our Heavenly Father; to love, honor, and obey him; forsake all others; keep myself faithful and loyal to him; for better or worse, in sickness and in health; and to cleave unto him so long as we both shall live.

                      By these present under the Laws of Yahweh, we the undersigned declare to all, that we are husband and wife and pray in the Name of Yahweh that joy, peace, health, and prosperity attend our wedded life.

                      Husband                                                                                  Wife

                      What Yahweh Has Joined Together, Let No Man Put Assunder!

                      Witnessed:

                      _____________________
                      _____________________
                      _____________________
                      _____________________

                      Message 10 of 13 , Dec 11, 2009
                        Marriage to the State and limitations and benefits:

                        Here is a true life example.

                        Man and wife married for 44 years. They reach retirement age. Man has always worked, Wife, due to physical limitations worked very little. Both are US Vet's from the USMC.

                        Her SSN check upon reaching 65 is a less than 200.00 a month. His is less than 900.00 a month.

                        They review Veteran benefit's and notice that there is a pension benefit for any vet who has served during wartime and has a honorable discharge. Research show's that the age 65 Vet may collect up to 1800.00 a month if they have little or no income.

                        Husband contact's Veteran's administration and makes an inquiry for the female vet. They say why yes, she is eligible.

                        Husband begins answering questions and at one point the clerk ask's "What is YOUR relationship to her?"

                        The response is, I am her husband. The clerk then ask, "What is YOUR income?" Husband ask's what doe's that have to do with her benefits? Clerk replies" We have to take in consideration what the husband makes to see if SHE qualifies'".

                        So Husband respond's "So, Since we are both VET's, you mean to tell me that if we were divorced, neither of us would have to consider the other's income in this application? Now we hear a sputter on the phone as the clerk say.. ER.. why yes, but we do not recommend anyone get divorced in order to collect those retirement benefit's."

                        So now we have the two people, both vet's married with a LICENSE who now get about 995 a month together for their retirement. IF they were to divorce, both VET's would qualify for 1800.00 each for a total of 3600.00 a month in income by simply loosing the State or 3rd party out of the marriage.

                        In essence, being married in a case of this nature is an expensive prospect. The pension information for VET's can be found on the VA web site should anyone care to read them.

                        Chuck

                        In a message dated 12/11/2009 1:32:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, vze4bqdp@... writes:

                        At 08:00 AM 12/10/2009, you wrote:
                        >Regarding dissolution of marriage, it pleases me to say that I can't
                        >speak from experience. I've been married to the same woman for all
                        >these years. It's interesting to imagine, though, what it would be
                        >like to tell the court, in essence, that since the state had no part
                        >in my marriage, the state has no authority and no say in its dissolution.

                        This raises some very curious questions.

                        How, then, is an "unlicensed" marriage properly dissolved, for
                        example? How was property accumulated during the marriage and, now,
                        how is it distributed between two potentially mean spirited
                        antagonists? What about foreign marriages, particularly those never
                        having been subject to licensing? What jurisdictional limitations
                        might be in place barring court intrusions, if any? Which are the courts?

                      • vicki mangum