BENSON/DICKSTEIN/BEECRAFT WIN A BATTLE--need more help for "war on terror"

  • dave
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2009

      NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINE IN THE TRUE WAR ON TERROR

             Jeff has requested that we distribute his most recent Bill Benson case update to those who receive our mailings and to seek your help on this most important "rights issue" project.

             On behalf of all of us, I ask you to please support Jeff's and Bill's efforts.

      bob minarik - rochester indiana  -  rlmplf9065@...

             {if for any reason you do not wish to receive these mailings, just hit reply, enter the word "remove" and it will be done, no questions asked.}

      Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:56 AM

      Subject: BENSON UPDATE - ANOTHER VICTORY - Help Needed

      Please distribute to your mailing list

      ----------------

      Yesterday the federal district court in Chicago dismissed the summons enforcement case brought by the IRS to obtain the names and addresses of those who obtained the information provided by Bill Benson regarding the non-ratification of the 16th Amendment. A copy of the order of dismissal is attached.   (copied and pasted below)

      When the IRS failed to obtain an order in the injunction case to obtain the so called "customer list" of Bill Benson, they served Bill with an IRS administrative summons to obtain the same information. Bill responded by claiming his rights under the First and Fifth Amendments. The government followed up with a summons enforcement action. Yesterday, the court dismissed the case.

      Bill and I want to thank each of you who have made a donation to allow the continued efforts to preserve our First and Fifth Amendments. The petition for writ of certiorari has just been proof read by a professional proof reader, and the final version ready for filing with the Supreme Court is expected to be ready later today. As soon as it is received, it will be posted at http://jeffdickstein.com/supreme.aspx. We plan to file the petition with the Supreme Court on October 16th. Your donations provided the funds for the printing of the petition and the filing fee. (the final pre-filing draft of the Petition is posted at this site now. -bob)

      Once we receive the final formatted version of the petition for writ of cert, we will be contacting numerous First Amendment groups to solicit the filing of amicus briefs with the Supreme Court to improve our chances of obtaining certiorari. A couple of you provided the contact information for such groups, and we thank you.

      On the day we file the petition with the Supreme Court we will be sending out an Action Alert e-mail asking you to send it to everyone in your address book, and to post it on blogs and everywhere else on the Internet you can. The goal is to have as many people as possible read the Action Alert and to click on the link to the website where people can easily send letters to newspapers, tv and radio stations, as well as to Congress.

      The original plan was to commission a Capwiz site for this purpose. We fell way short of sufficient funds for the commission, but did receive enough funds to hire someone to build a website with similar functionality. We have also hired a professional courtroom artist to provide artwork for the site. Several of you provided comments, suggestions and criticism of the website design, and we thank you for that input.

      HELP NEEDED. The following link contain the names of numerous Tea Party groups.

      We need people to collect the numerous e-mail addresses and to send out the Action Alert at the appropriate time. For example, at http://www.teapartypatriots.org/ there is a list of groups from each of the 50 States, and if you click on a state, there are several people listed. Each person listed should receive a copy of the Action Alert e-mail for distribution to their contacts. If you can help collect the e-mail addresses and/or are willing to send out the Action Alerts, please let me know and I will coordinate the effort, unless one or more of you will take on the responsibility to coordinate the effort. There is only so much time and I am pretty well tied up with the larger scale planning and implementation. We really need your help here!!

      I have drafted a petition for writ of mandamus to be filed in the 11th Circuit asking them to order the district court judge to rule on the issues of the 16th Amendment in a criminal case in Florida. I represent two of 13 defendants there. Just as in the Benson case, the district court failed to address the issues raised. I expect the 11th Circuit to refuse to issue the mandamus, and then we can take that denial to the Supreme Court, so there will be two cases on the same subject matter, one civil and one criminal. I am waiting to file the petition for writ of mandamus to obtain optimal timing with the filing of Benson's petition for writ of cert.

      We would also like to send out PR releases, but that will take more donations. http://jeffdickstein.com/donate.aspx.

      We are also, thanks to the help of a couple of people, designing a bumper sticker and t-shirt campaign to bring publicity to the lawsuit and to expand grassroots awareness.

      Once again, Bill Benson and I want to thank you for all of your effort to date. Lets keep the momentum going.

      Sincerely,

      Jeffrey A. Dickstein
      Attorney at Law
      500 W. Bradley Rd., C-208
      Fox Point, WI 53217
      (414) 446-4264
      jdlaw@...
      http://jeffdickstein.com

      UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

      FOR THE Northern District of Illinois

      Eastern Division

      United States of America

                            Plaintiff,                                            Case No.: 1:08−cv−04855

                       v.                                                            Honorable David H. Coar

      William J Benson

                           Defendant.

      NOTIFICATION OF DOCKET ENTRY

      This docket entry was made by the Clerk on Monday, September 28, 2009:

      MINUTE entry before the Honorable David H. Coar: Status hearing held on

      9/28/2009. Attorney for Benson appeared by telephone and no one on behalf of the USA

      appeared,. The Court having reviewed the status report, this action is dismissed. Any

      pending motions, deadlines or dates are stricken and terminated. Civil case terminated in

      its entirety.Mailed notice(pm, )

      ATTENTION: This notice is being sent pursuant to Rule 77(d) of the Federal Rules of

      Civil Procedure or Rule 49(c) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. It was

      generated by CM/ECF, the automated docketing system used to maintain the civil and

      criminal dockets of this District. If a minute order or other document is enclosed, please

      refer to it for additional information.

      For scheduled events, motion practices, recent opinions and other information, visit our

      web site at www.ilnd.uscourts.gov.

      Case 1:08-cv-04855 Document 25 Filed 09/28/2009 Page 1 of 1