contracts , animals , trustees

  • stonekutteral
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2009
      Here is some information about contracts, and then some information
      from some folks who claim-- that all law is commercial in nature, which
      is why some folks study a lot about the "Uniform Commercial Code",
      which are a set of rules written by merchants over a long time period,
      and adopted by many places as their ruling law, or "UCC" as it is
      known for short....) ,and,--- that we are the beneficiaries of a trust
      that the public servants are trustees of, for the benefit of the
      public...--as for all law being commercial, many laws say in them " Man
      or other animals" , like " Any food or drug made for the consumption of
      man or other animals", well, some people consider grouping man with
      animals is an affront to their religious beliefs , as scriptures say
      man was created in Gods image... but then you can get into just how
      much you have to look like someone else to be considered human, and
      THOSE boundaries have been stretched a LOT in the last two hundred
      years , enough to show us that said boundaries ARE indeed as elastic
      as someone's mind, however , the point that I am trying to make here is
      that I read that slaughtering animals is commerce (while, strangely
      enough, insurance is NOT commerce...) , and, I have seen people arguing
      over whether all crimes are commercial in nature, and so I think that
      these issues are relevant to that discussion . As to the idea that we
      are beneficiaries to a public trust , I think the following is relevant
      to the subject...." cheers !!! al

      The general rule is
      that a contract can confer rights or impose liabilities upon a person
      who is party to the contract . There are a few exceptions , however .
      Contracts made by agents furnish apparent , but not real, exceptions.
      If a person purchases property with money belonging to another, there
      will be a resulting trust created in favor of the rightful owner of the
      money, and if a person conveys property to any person directing that he
      should hold the same for the benefit of a third person, the person to
      whom the property was transferred becomes a trustee for the benefit of
      such third person, even although he never agreed to the transfer nor to
      act as trustee" Again, " The bargain between the parties may be , that
      one of them shall confer a benefit on a third person. And, if the
      consideration for it is adequate, the consequence does not depend on
      the motive; as , whether it was to do a favor to the third person, or
      was an arrangement of convenience to the parties. Nor is it material in
      whose name the rules of practice require the action to be brought as ,
      whether at law by one party against another, or at law, by the third
      person against the party promising, or by a suit in equity. The third
      person has open to him the one of these three methods which the
      particular facts and the practice of the court may indicate"