Re:IRS Play a Mean Trick on Levies

  • Bernie Besherse
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2009

      Post Shabbat Shalom Barry, et alia,

      VERY interesting!!!

      So in order to translate this into a peaceful solution, it appears that you are saying is that:

      1. When one does his personal business in his own name (buy tooth brushes, razor blades, the occasional cream cheese Danish, et cetera) through his own, non-interest bearing bank account, and
      2. uses a tax immune, hybrid Corporation/Trust for taking care of the financial needs of a religious society (which includes his family), and
      3. stores the bulk of the money offshore in a Panamanian hybrid Corporation/Trust bank account that is not even taxable in Panama, then
      4. this would keep the Internal Revenue Service off of one's back.

      I have personally been involved with several Offshore Asset Protection companies, and when I had suspicions that any company that I was doing business with was operating illegally, I would leave them.  I know from personal knowledge that the ones that have been taken down by the Internal Revenue Service/Department of Justice have been taken down because of crimes OTHER than the series of entities mentioned above.  Usually, the leaders of the Offshore Asset Protection companies have taken legal short-cuts in order to maximize on their profits.  Usually, the shortcuts involve the use of false Social Security Numbers or using someone’s Social Security Number without authorization, both of which are crimes.

      While some of the cases that I have studied brought charges regarding money laundering, not a single one of the court cases that I have studied have brought up any specifics regarding any of the legal transfers of money between tax immune organizations/entities.  In case anyone forgets, money laundering is the act/process of hiding money that is the result of a crime.  As long as one remembers that when the money is from a legal source, and all of the taxes that are legally owed are paid, then the money can be sent anywhere you want to send it.

      Shalom,

      Bernie