joined parties

  • stonekutteral
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2009
      Often court actions are brought against a named defendant and one or
      more John or Jane "Does" , sometimes numbered, such as 1-10..... I
      believe that a non lawyer could step into the case by claiming to be
      one of the "Does", and thus be able to stand up in court and speak on
      behalf of the defendant, without being a named party or having a
      license to practice law. I bet there are some people out there who are
      good law students , who have told people, "well, I'd like to help you,
      but can't stand up and speak for you in court".... well, maybe this way
      they can. And, since any judgment would be shared by them, it would be
      an added incentive to win. As a matter of fact , maybe that's how to
      make sure a lawyer wins for you , also, since they have been known to
      chuck cases out the window and go to the beach......