Re: Fwd: us-supreme-court-threaten-speed-camera-industry

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
      Monday 3 August 2009

      Pay particular attention to the FACT the most camera
      violations fall under adminstrative actions, or are
      civil, if not adminstrative.

      The supreme court rulings apply to CRIMINAL cases
      where the right to confront involves 6th Amendment
      issues.

      More pertinent to camera violations is knowledge of
      one's state's rules that pertain to evidence. One
      may find local remedy there for the rules of
      evidence are a function of due process rights, and
      one can argue violation of due process rights which
      are covered in State constitutions...
    • stonekutteral
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        In court one time on photo ticket charges, the defendant, who had NO
        notification of the proceedings (Charge was sprung when defendant
        showed for another issue) ,defendant asked the judge, "Who is this guy
        bringing this evidence against me?,is he a lawyer, what's his bar
        association number" ,(the guy with the laptop computer, showing what
        was allegedly a film of defendant running red light)... the "judge"
        (who was just a commissioner) went ballistic, yelling"shut up, shut up
        now or I will put you in jail"..... guess the defendant touched a sore
        spot, had he known how to bring the "judge" to heel he could have "won"
        that... as it was he never paid and was never contacted again about
        it.... and on the subject of tickets, I think someone here posted a
        letter from Leo DeCaprios lawyers telling someone they had better cease
        and desist using Leo's image for their commecial gain, as Leo had
        ownership rights in his image... works for him, must work for us. Photo
        ticket companys cannot use my image for their commercial gain. Cheers!