Re: [tips_and_tricks] Fwd: us-supreme-court-threaten-speed-camera-industry

  • E Junker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      The City of Albuquerque is getting away with it by calling it an "administrative action".  They are keeping it out of the court system.  As if...

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
        Monday 3 August 2009

        Pay particular attention to the FACT the most camera
        violations fall under adminstrative actions, or are
        civil, if not adminstrative.

        The supreme court rulings apply to CRIMINAL cases
        where the right to confront involves 6th Amendment
        issues.

        More pertinent to camera violations is knowledge of
        one's state's rules that pertain to evidence. One
        may find local remedy there for the rules of
        evidence are a function of due process rights, and
        one can argue violation of due process rights which
        are covered in State constitutions...
      • stonekutteral
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
          In court one time on photo ticket charges, the defendant, who had NO
          notification of the proceedings (Charge was sprung when defendant
          showed for another issue) ,defendant asked the judge, "Who is this guy
          bringing this evidence against me?,is he a lawyer, what's his bar
          association number" ,(the guy with the laptop computer, showing what
          was allegedly a film of defendant running red light)... the "judge"
          (who was just a commissioner) went ballistic, yelling"shut up, shut up
          now or I will put you in jail"..... guess the defendant touched a sore
          spot, had he known how to bring the "judge" to heel he could have "won"
          that... as it was he never paid and was never contacted again about
          it.... and on the subject of tickets, I think someone here posted a
          letter from Leo DeCaprios lawyers telling someone they had better cease
          and desist using Leo's image for their commecial gain, as Leo had
          ownership rights in his image... works for him, must work for us. Photo
          ticket companys cannot use my image for their commercial gain. Cheers!