FW: [tips_and_tricks] TIME is RUNNING OUT Being sued for an account I have never had...HELP Please

  • gary
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 10:01 PM

      From: gary [mailto:gary2666@...]
      Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 5:03 PM
      To: 'tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com'
      Subject: RE: [tips_and_tricks] TIME is RUNNING OUT Being sued for an account I have never had...HELP Please

      I believe what NAF (National Arbitration Forum) agreed to was not to do any more consumer arbitrations as of July 24, 2009.

      Did this account just suddenly appear in arbitration, or were the prior letters trying to collect a debt?  If there were such letters that were ignored because “it’s not my account” this is a good lesson on what happens when you ignore such things.  Verification should have been requested at the first contact.  Unless, itsauntsally is going to try to collect damages for fraud, the only thing that needs to be proven is that “this is not my account”.

      In all the states whose rules I am aware of, and arbitration award is not collectible until it is taken to a local court for confirmation.  As best I can remember, all of those state rules allow you to challenge the confirmation of that award.  In most states you have 90 days to file suit against the award and then the holder of the award can file a request for confirmation and you get a chance there to challenge the award.  It appears all of this was ignored until there was a garnishment.

      Gary