Florida governmental grey area

  • Randy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 9:03 AM
      Hi all,

      I am suing the Florida Dept of Revenue and a County Tax Collector.

      The Florida Attorney General's office is representing the FDOR upon the FDOR's request.

      Where it gets extremely grey is that Florida statute specifically states that the Florida Dept of Legal Affairs shall represent the FDOR.

      Another Florida statute makes the Florida attorney general the head of the Florida Dept of Legal Affairs.  Him only and not his office.

      It appears that the Office of the Attorney General has  been masquerading as the Florida Dept of Legal Affairs for years without any legal foundation other than probably some form of acquiescence.

      I am attempting to bring this out in court to have their motions vacated but am needing some case law that would back up my claim that the Office of the Attorney General cannot just assume the identity of a Department that was specifically created by the legislature and the law specifically keeps them separate and distinct.

      Any ideas about how to establish the foundation of authority and the limits of authority would be appreciated.

      Randy