Messages like this will be deleted w/o comment

  • legalbear7
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2009
      It's me, the group owner: Every hour or two, I get a message like this:

      "Your attachments have a file extension of .dat and I am unable to open them with that file extension, any suggestions?"

      To this I reply thusly:

      1) Why do these posters find it necessary to send 3067 emails to ask one member a question?

      2) Why do these posters think that it is anyone's responsibility to help them learn to run their computer to get a file provided as a favor?

      3) If I am not mistaken, I posted this file to the file section of the group and notified the entire group that I had done so. Why do these posters not get the file from the file section of the group? (I paid attention to the file extension of the one I posted to the group and it was not .dat.)

      In the future, messages sent to the group like this, will be deleted without comment. Thanks for your attention, Bear