The word person and statutes employing it.

  • Jerry Stanton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2009

      They is the results I found after reseaching the word person. What a eye opener.
                    Jerry

      Church of Scientology v. U.S. Dept. of Justice (1979) 612 F.2d 417, 425.,

      “the word “person” in legal terminology is perceived as a general word which normally includes in its scope a variety of entities other than human beings.”  Appellant has stated and documented from the beginning that he is a natural and sovereign “citizen” of the state of Michigan and is a living and breathing human being.

      Will v. Michigan Dept. of State Police, 491 U.S. 58 (1989), at 72,

      “the word “persons” is ordinarily construed to exclude the sovereign;”

      Wilson v. Omaha Tribe, 442 U.S. 653, 667 (1979),

      “The court invokes, first the “often-expressed understanding” that  “in common usage, the term ‘person’ does not include the sovereign, [and] statutes employing the [word] are ordinarily construed to exclude it.”

      United States v Cooper Corp., 312 U.S. 600, 604 (1941),

      “in common usage, the term ‘person’ does not include the sovereign, [and] statues employing the [word] are ordinarily construed to exclude it.”