Re: [tips_and_tricks] Atty Client Contract?

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30 8:18 PM
      Point:  Is there a way to make an atty prove he has a contracted relationship with client?

      Sure, sue for "Order to Show Cause." Have him explain how he became a party to your contract with MERS.

      **************
      Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the grill. (http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000005)
    • tthor.geo
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
        One OBVIOUS way is to contact MERS and ASK them [usually, businesses KNOW when they have hired somebody and there is a paper-trail].

        "mn_chicago" <mn_chicago@...> wrote:

        > Tuesday 30 June 2009
        >
        > Someone is being sued by Mortgage Electronic
        > Registration System [MERS] over a construction
        > loan, but MERS is not a party of interest. It is
        > suspected that the atty is using MERS without MERS'
        > or original lender's knowledge to cover some
        > insurance fraud.
        >
        > Point: Is there a way to make an atty prove he
        > has a contracted relationship with client?
      • donotddora
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
          --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "mn_chicago" <mn_chicago@...> wrote:

          > Tuesday 30 June 2009
          >
          > Someone is being sued by Mortgage Electronic
          > Registration System [MERS] over a construction
          > loan, but MERS is not a party of interest. It is
          > suspected that the atty is using MERS without MERS'
          > or original lender's knowledge to cover some
          > insurance fraud.
          >
          > Point: Is there a way to make an atty prove he
          > has a contracted relationship with client?
          >
          > TIA.

          Ask the judge if the attorney has placed in evidence a Letter of Attorney showing that he (personally, in his own name, not just his law firm!), is authorized to represent MERS in the present matter.

          It would be a fraud on the court to represent a person absent such authority, yes?

          Some officer of the corporation (MERS) with authority to authorize such, must have a signature on that letter.

          ~donotddora
        • mn_chicago
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2009
            Wednesday 1 July 2009

            Thank you for the responses. I thought there was
            some form that attorneys had to follow and was not
            sure what it was.

            The thought about contacting MERS struck me today,
            and that will get done tomorrow.

            Cheers, all!