Re: Credit Reporting Agencies Can Not Verify IRS Liens?

  • Patrick M
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      Since Notices of Tax Lien are filed with the COUNTY RECORDER & are a matter
      of PUBLIC RECORD, it appears to me that they COULD VERIFY their EXISTENCE &
      the information contained on them (which may or may not be correct).

      Here's a page from the Alameda County Recorder where you can look up the
      information online.

      Official Public Records (OPR) consist of all publicly accessible documents
      recorded by this office and may include deeds, mortgage documents,
      easements, power of attorney, liens and any other documents which affect
      title to or possession of real property.

      Index from 1/1/1969 to present.

      http://rechart1.acgov.org/localization/menu.asp

      Patrick in California

      "It ain't what ya don't know that hurts ya. What really puts a hurtin' on ya
      is what ya knows for sure, that just ain't so." -- Uncle Remus

      <dudeman1862@...> wrote:

      > > Has anyone seen this? http://sedm.org/Exhibits/EX1076.pdf

      > > In a nutshell, it reads that third parties, including credit reporting
      agencies, cannot verify any information about a "Notice of Tax Lien,"
      including even its existence, without permission from the "taxpayer."

      > > If this is correct, then it would mean that Equifax, TRW, et. al.
      listing of "liens" or notices thereof on one's credit report are fraud. To
      me this points to an easy way to get these agencies to remove these
      listings.