Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: income tax

  • The Handyman
    Message 1 of 11 , May 21 8:55 AM
      The IRS is an evil that I consider non-existent.    But because you all believe in the system it does.Perhaps fighting or resisting is not right. Perhaps just going along to get along with things is the correct thing to do?    Otherwise you will have 33 years of fear and overwhelming caution as I have endured.  33 years ago I discontinued all correspondence with the IRS after meeting a guy that done such from birth.  I felt they do not exist because in the law, it states that your earnings are (excluded) from being used to pay a debt, especially to pay a corporation. All governments are corporations.

      Whoever wrote that:

      "First, to the extent that you are not liable for a tax, you cannot be "exempt" because to be exempt is to be released from liability. Thus, exemption in the face of no liability is a legal absurdity."

       must be an attorney. The statement is an idea of first impression.  Substantial nonexempt interest, is not earnings, and is the only thing a corporation is made of, which is profit or gain or INCOME.  A corporation cannot earn as it cannot labor ; it is Ideal.  "Labor cannot be a commodity in commerce". Black's 4th ed.  I had a case where  the court made a demand for what the court  determined was owed ( $10,000). When the couple didn't pay, the judge ordered the execution of a  writ to recover their "Substantial Nonexempt  Interest or Capital. The writ was returned to the court saying that they  could not find any substantial nonexempt interest to seize. That was a eye opener!    It is all in Title 28, Sec. 3104 (a) under garnishment generally, which means the first part is under Substantive Law.    This is powerful as the IRS, if found to have taken your earning, they have to return your earnings.  That is why we  are called a CAPITALIST country. The U.C.C. specifically states that ALL governments are corporations or Ideal and all have been capitalized. A man can never deal with them directly.  To commercialize means to exploit, and that is why the Bar Association created corporations for their own use. The IRS can only deal with "Persons". Not to respond is not only acceptable it is the only thing a man  can do.  Shalom

      Message 2 of 11 , May 22 10:54 PM
        It would be helpful if Tracy posts the text of the letter she received.

        Personally, I would send a response via certified mail.

        The last time the FTB inquired why I had NOT filed a return, I sent them a simple 1 page response & the sent me a letter back thanking me & informing me that NO further response was required on my part.

        And before she acts on anything she may see or receive, I highly suggest that she RESEARCHS & VERIFIES everything for themselves.

        Patrick in California

        "It ain't what ya don't know that hurts ya. What really puts a hurtin' on ya is what ya knows for sure, that just ain't so." -- Uncle Remus

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Tracy Darling <tdarling1@...> wrote:

        > I do not believe I had participated in any activity which an act of congress
        > made me liable for tax in the last 1/2 of 2007. My business was incorporated
        > until Jan 15, 2007, when it dissolved. All my accounting records were lost
        > (long story) by my bookkeeper when I moved from IN to CA June 2007, but I
        > received a request from the IRS to submit a 2006 return over a year ago, and
        > responded to them with two letters, both indicating that I was up to date on
        > employee taxes at the time the corp ceased to operate, and that I was in
        > such deep debt there was less than zero in the corporate checking acct at
        > the beginning and end of the year, releasing me from paying corporate taxes.
        > The 15 days my business was still incorporated at the beginning of 2007 is
        > basically irrelevant, because of the debt I was in and the fact I was also
        > up to date on employee taxes and owed no corporate tax.
        >
        > SO....I have not heard from the IRS in over a year after I sent the two
        > letters, and I now only heard from the CA state revenue dept with the issue
        > I initially brought up.
        >
        > So, not to respond at all is acceptable? The CA letter states "you must
        > complete this form and/or return this letter by June 17,2009" What will
        > happen if I don't respond as some of the responses here suggest I do?
      • paradoxmagnus
        Message 3 of 11 , May 24 8:47 PM
          Several people have asked for a copy of the letter I mentioned.

          Which I probably do NOT still have.

          Simply put it was a response to FTB after that had asked why I had NOT filed a return since there records indicated that I had been paid XXXXX dollars that year.

          To me, the FTB & IRS are basicly COLLECTION AGENCIES for the government & as such will PRESUME a DEBT is VALID UNLESS DISPUTED.

          My response was while I may have EARNED XXXXX dollars, I only had $200 in INCOME (interest paid to me).