RE: [tips_and_tricks] Analysis and Interpretation:: Constitution of the United States,

  • dave
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2009

      Well it might indeed lay out basic rights of citizens of a territorial United States. Most of those critters are the territorial “exclusive legislation” island people: You know them as the people who inhabit Washington DC, Guam, Puerto Rico, etc. and the other island-“states” of federal territory within the 50 borders  that became united and colloquially called the United States.  Picture a military base within the state borders or perhaps a national park…..or even Afganistan—“a federally administered tribal area” {an area is a territory and legislators administer}]

      In the very early days a common compliant of people under exclusive legislation—in particular Washington DC—was that they weren’t as equal in rights as the other people. Congress ignored their pleas for years and years. Finally it became such a clamor that Congress extended the Constitutional rights [aka a cheap inferior flim-flan subset of inalienable rights] to these people. But guess how they did so? Through statutory law! This satisfied these people because the CON of the Constitution was that the Washington DC criminals propagandized that the people outside also had these rights [aka Bill of Rights] for which they did….but never told the WHOLE story that it is simply a subset of all rights inalienable.

      Let’s look at the options:

      ·         The people who CHOSE to be governed by the Constitution get what they expect—a little of the whole inalienable rights that are the ones spelled out in the Bill of Rights.

      ·         Those that are on territory under Exclusive Legislation [aka United States] get the Constitution’s Bill of Rights as the defacto set of rights. This is extended to them by Congress as written statutory law but this law can be changed at will by Congress: witness Guantanamo. It need not even be published or enacted law for “EXCLUSIVE” means just that…EXCLUSIVE legislation…meaning “the People” need not even be considered! And remember there is little salvation in the courts as the federal “district” “courts” are themselves creations of this law and we all know about master-servant principles.

      ·         Those that are NOT on territory under exclusive legislation have the whole set of inalienable rights if they choose. They need NOT concern themselves AT ALL with the Constitution. It does not apply to them.

      ·         Example: Those that exist in say the STATE OF NEW YORK have the rights extended to them by the Constitution and the Constitution of the State of New York as the DEFACTO set.

      ·         Example: Those that exist in say New York have the DEFACTO inalienable rights set…unless they choose to only have the lesser Constitutional sets.

      ·         At any point in time ANY person can LEGITIMATELY claim the full set of rights for the Declaration of Independence makes no distinction as to location when it says “ALL MEN”. Thus even those under exclusive legislation can do so. However—as the revolutionary war pointed-out—making a declaration and getting someone to believe it sometimes takes a lot of bloodshed in the convincing.

      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2009
        It seems there is a real difference between a Constitution "of" and "for" the USA. In the original they used "for" meaning: on behalf of, while now the word "of" meaning: from, or derived, places a different context on the document. I'm not a Constitutional scholar, but this bears looking into.