IRS and private sector employers

  • dave
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2009

      Roy and all:

      Employers are “educated” by their IRS-stated “partners”….namely CPA’s tax preparers and LAWYERS…..to treat W-4, W-2 and 1099 etc. within “lock-step” of IRS policy. These people are given courses in how to deal with typical “tax protestor” arguments of “employees”. The more you write big dissertations, the worse you look. In the case of my daughter, the employer’s big law firm would tell me that I was “interpreting” USC and CFR and court decisions wrongly---even though the English was as plain as day. The employer will always accept advice of counsel with a credential unless it really goes against simple truth. One casual look-up of the law firm revealed they had written several legal-opinions in-lock-step with the IRS. It doesn’t take a genius to figure-out that this firm was probably getting favorable treatment by the IRS, DOJ, Fed Courts etc. for “touting the party line.” If anyone wants the IRS piece that identifies CPA’s, tax preparers, employer bean counters and lawyers as their “new partners” in the “administration and enforcement of income tax laws”, let me know. The devil always persuades others to do his work.

      The easiest W-4 is marked (where they want you to mark Exempt) as: “Exempt—Organic Law 1776”.

      By doing so you are removing it from the convenience of govt. statutory definitions for exempt.

      If you want….Asterisk the SSN and  mark at bottom, “ *Not a TIN; I am not a taxpayer.”

      If the employer balks then point to the Penalty of Perjury clause and state,

      “The Dept of the Treasury right here demands I tell the truth and provides penalty for non truth. Are you advising me to lie and/or tell your version of the truth? If so, will you also sign such statement? The REAL truth is no employer—in the history of W-4 forms—has ever been cited for penalty for accepting employee statements of truth. ”

      Dave

      R,

      I wouldn’t bombard anyone with a lot of material.  I would try to make it as simple and clear as possible.

      www.edrivera.com