FW: Tales of my latest trip to the State of Ohio DMV:

  • dave
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 3:48 PM

      I share these in the hopes someone can pick up some tidbits…

      Tales of my latest trip to the State of Ohio DMV:

      Woman: Are you here to renew your license?

      Me: Yes

      Woman: How long have you lived in Ohio?

      Me: Oh about 20 years.

      Woman: So you lived in the State of Ohio for 20 years?

      Me: No

      Woman: You just said you lived here for 20 years.

      Me: No…the first time you asked me about living in Ohio…the second was a reference to the State of Ohio.

      Woman: Yeah…same thing.

      Me: No….one is the government owned territory in Ohio. I really doubt you live in the State of Ohio but I wager you do live in Ohio. Afterall…you want me to tell the truth don’t you?

      Woman:  Yes…ok…so you said you lived in Ohio for 20 years…correct?

      Me: Yes

      Woman: Have you had any convictions or do you drive under the influence, on drugs,….?

      Me: No

      Woman: Take the eye test and sign here.

      Me: What am I signing?

      Woman: That you agree to personal liability.

      Me: Got a copy?

      Woman: Take a look…but you can’t keep it.

      Me: Well surely you will give me a copy after you sign it.

      Woman: no

      Me: Huh? You mean I don’t get anything? At least Walmart gives me a receipt. You’re having me sign a legal document and I can’t keep a copy?

      Woman: No…I admit…doesn’t make sense.

      Me: As far as I’m concerned then what you asked was what I agreed to and that was I simply lived in Ohio and agreed to have financial responsibility.

      Woman: Ok….By the way….what is your address for the license?

      Me: 919 Main St. Mason, Ohio  […ha ha …It’s a Mail Boxes Etc address….but Govt hates boxes cause they can’t CORNOLE you to a residence cause no one could sleep in a little box 5 x 5 x 9 inches.]]

      Woman: [Keying it into a computer….]: Oh…that shows up as having a PO box….isn’t that a PO BOX?

      Me: A PO BOX is a “Post Office Box”. You won’t find the United States Post Office at that location. Look it up on line…or simply look out the window over there and tell me if the United States Post Office flag flies over there.

      Woman: Come to think of it you are right. There is only one US Post Office and it’s not on Main Street. Ok…here you go…here is your license.