Re: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Request for Help: Denton County Traffic

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 26 , May 5, 2009
      Attached is an interesting Memorandum regarding the automobile and its registrations requirements. It is geared toward California.

      **************
      A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=May5509AvgfooterNO115)
    • Chico Rhasiatry
      Message 2 of 26 , May 8, 2009
        I think the presence of a plate and a driver's license is prima facia evidence that can be rebutted. Remember, if you rebutt and cite the afformentioned facts, the prosecutor must prove that you were suppose to be getting paid. Also, the application for a driver's license is not actually an application; it is an affidavit. Can one use a vehical registered as commercial to travel when he/she is not working? Of course! No one can always be at work behind the wheel. Everyone behind the wheel is not a driver, but if he does not have a plate, he will be threatened with violence. Therefore, having a plate does not mean the one behind the wheel is a driver.

        Make sure your rebuttal precedes you in paper work before you make a special appearance or the truth will not be allowed to be heard.
        Remember, your peers will not have a clue.

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Bernie Besherse <Founder@...> wrote:

        > Shalom, all uh y'all!!!
        > I had hoped not to have to enter this thread again, or have to take the time to further explain why the traffic signs in Texas don't apply to private, non-commercial travelers, but such was not the case. Here is a more complete explanation.

      • jim
        Message 3 of 26 , May 8, 2009
        • jai mann
          Message 4 of 26 , May 8, 2009
            A little trick that I've been using to circumvent the issue of not having a plate (because you WILL stand out and get harassed) was to just have a custom front and back made with the name of the dealer and the brand of the car (start observing these plates to come up with your own ideas which will blend in...). I live on an entirely different coast now but I haven't been pulled over yet. You stand out less because there are others who are driving with actual dealer plates on their car. My research indicates that I'm not "breaking" the law. I stand out less and I don't submit to the organized fraud/ theft that is the DMV. You'll get over the adrenaline rushes from seeing police after a number of encounters when you aren't punished by being targeted (although it could happen). Just keep your car in good shape, drive responsibly, and you're in the clear. I don't have to worry about all the bills associated with commerce related "privileges" (license, emissions, plates, tags,etc.).

            =) Freedom is a nice thing

            Message 5 of 26 , May 10, 2009
              jai mann wrote:
              > A little trick that I've been using to circumvent the issue of not
              > having a plate (because you WILL stand out and get harassed) was to
              > just have a custom front and back made with the name of the dealer and
              > the brand of the car (start observing these plates to come up with
              > your own ideas which will blend in...). I live on an entirely
              > different coast now but I haven't been pulled over yet. You stand out
              > less because there are others who are driving with actual dealer
              > plates on their car. My research indicates that I'm not "breaking" the
              > law. I stand out less and I don't submit to the organized fraud/ theft
              > that is the DMV. You'll get over the adrenaline rushes from seeing
              > police after a number of encounters when you aren't punished by being
              > targeted (although it could happen). Just keep your car in good shape,
              > drive responsibly, and you're in the clear. I don't have to worry
              > about all the bills associated with commerce related "privileges"
              > (license, emissions, plates, tags,etc.).

              That was a great idea. I made my own out of plexiglass and 3M colored
              marking tapes. It was designed to look like a real plate to anyone who
              didn't look at any of the details, then it was made to be a joke.
              Instead of "California" it said "Constitution"; instead of Feb(ruary) it
              had Fab(ulous). The big letters were FREE2B. It was so good it got
              parking tickets made out to it and left on the windshield!