Re: [tips_and_tricks] Anyone Wonder Why??

  • William M. Greene
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14 7:26 PM

      Yep!  The Federal Reserve is yet another of those government contractors which has a Website with a dot gov suffix.  They make up that forth branch of government which itself violates the federal and state constitutions.  Of course, when this happens it can also be an opportunity for a few to take on the signatory status of “Private Attorneys General” (de jure) and guaranteed protections, and go get’em like we have been trying to do with the IRS.  But if one were to do something like this, the thing I would point out is it is a lonely road, and, for example, although I asked others to file on our behalf as Inventors or Amicus Curiae, so far no one has come forwards, even though there would be NO RISK on their part to intervene in this capacity.

      As most people are aware, my wife and myself were a part of WTP where we were educated on the subject of there being no law requiring us to file and pay income taxes and so we just stopped filing, we were signed onto to the Class Action, and now have a case filed in the Northern District of New York which in under appeal.

      As a background statement though, for anybody who might not be aware, our suit was filed as a Qui Tam Action in the USDC Northern District of New York where we have taken on the signatory status of “Private Attorneys General” to represent the government against the IRS as a government contractor but the District Court turned it into a suit against the government, and now the case is in under appeal.

      Our Appeal Brief had a Certificate of Service date on it of February 19th and our Appendix had a Certificate of Service date March 4th, even though according to the Scheduling order these two documents were not due until March 20th 2009 .

      As I said, it was the Court which turned our case it into a suit against the government, and now the government’s (Appellees) brief was not even due until April 20th.  But get this; even though the government has had a lot of time with this already, I got a call yesterday from the government lawyer asking for a 20-day extension.

      I mean, my wife and I said yes and all that but now I wished I’d have asked him why?  I mean, maybe their being over worked and under paid, but it seems like they had more than enough time to put me away so to speak.  Anyway we’ll see.

      I mean, now that the government lawyer got his 20-day extension, I wonder how this will effect the time for submission of our Reply Brief or whether it will effect the Scheduling order itself where our case was to have been Ready the week June 1st 2009 . But, the point is, whether it be the IRS or Federal Reserve, they are very simply government contractors which set up their business and Websites with a dot gov suffix.  It is that forth branch of government which itself violates the federal and state constitutions, and my wife and I for one have taken on the task of being on a very lonely road in trying to do something about it with the IRS.

      Blessings,

      Bill

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 14 8:25 PM
        The Federal Reserve Act (ch. 6, 38 Stat. 251, enacted December 23, 1913, 12 U.S.C. ch.3) is the act of Congress that created the Federal Reserve System, the central banking system of the United States of America, which was signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14 8:36 PM
          The Federal Reserve System (also the Federal Reserve; informally The Fed) is the central banking system of the United States. Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system[1] that comprises (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils. Since February 2006, Ben Bernanke serves as the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Donald Kohn is the current Vice Chairman (Term: June 2006 - June 2010).

          Balance between private banks and responsibility of governments

          The system was designed out of a compromise between the competing philosophies of privatization and government regulation.[22] While planning the design of the system, some people wanted the system to have generally private aspects whereas others wanted more government involvement. The system that resulted ended up being a compromise between these two philosophies. In 2006 Donald L. Kohn, vice chairman of the Board of Governors, summarized the history of this compromise:[25]

          Agrarian and progressive interests, led by William Jennings Bryan, favored a central bank under public, rather than banker, control. But the vast majority of the nation's bankers, concerned about government intervention in the banking business, opposed a central bank structure directed by political appointees.

          The legislation that Congress ultimately adopted in 1913 reflected a hard-fought battle to balance these two competing views and created the hybrid public-private, centralized-decentralized structure that we have today.

          In the current system, private banks are for-profit businesses but government regulation places restrictions on what they can do. The Federal Reserve System is the part of government that regulates the private banks. The balance between privatization and government involvement is also seen in the structure of the system. Private banks elect members of the board of directors at their regional Federal Reserve Bank while the members of the Board of Governors are selected by the President of the United States and confirmed by the Senate. The private banks give input to the government officials about their economic situation and these government officials use this input in Federal Reserve policy decisions. In the end, private banking businesses are able to run a profitable business while the U.S. government, through the Federal Reserve System, oversees and regulates the activities of the private banks.