Re: [tips_and_tricks] The TRUTH About COURT ROOMS! STAY OUT

  • frank gallimore
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1 9:42 PM
      Handyman,

      I hope this helps:

      Unalienable: incapable of being alienated, that is, sold and transferred." Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, page 1523:

      Inalienable rights: Rights which are not capable of being surrendered or transferred without the consent of the one possessing such rights. Morrison v. State, Mo. App., 252 S.W.2d 97, 101.You can surrender, sell or transfer inalienable rights if you consent either actually or constructively. Inalienable rights are not inherent in man and can be alienated by government. Persons have inalienable rights. Most state constitutions recognize only inalienable rights.

      We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

      Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,-'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness;' and to 'secure,' not grant or create, these rights, governments are instituted. That property which a man has honestly acquired he retains full control of, subject to these limitations: First, that he shall not use it to his neighbor's injury, and that does not mean that he must use it for his neighbor's benefit; second, that if the devotes it to a public use, he gives to the public a right to control that use; and third, that whenever the public needs require, the public may take it upon payment of due compensation. BUDD v. PEOPLE OF STATE OF NEW YORK, 143 U.S. 517 (1892)

      Among these unalienable rights, as proclaimed in that great document, is the right of men to pursue their happiness, by which is meant the right to pursue any lawful business or vocation, in any manner not inconsistent with the equal rights of others, which may increase their prosperity or develop their faculties, so as to give to them their highest enjoyment. The common business and callings of life, the ordinary trades and pursuits, which are innocuous in themselves, and have been followed in all communities from time immemorial, must therefore be free in this country to all alike upon the same conditions. The right to pursue them, without let or hinderance, except that which is applied to all persons of the same age, sex, and condition, is a distinguishing privilege of citizens of the United States, and an essential element of that freedom which they claim as their birthright. It has been well said that 'THE PROPERTY WHICH EVERY MAN HAS IN HIS OWN LABOR, AS IT IS THE ORIGINAL FOUNDATION OF ALL OTHER PROPERTY, SO IT IS THE MOST SACRED AND INVIOLABLE. The patrimony of the poor man lies in the strength and dexterity of his own hands, and to hinder his employing this strength and dexterity in what manner he thinks proper, without injury to his neighbor, is a plain violation of this most sacred property. It is a manifest encroachment upon the just liberty both of the workman and of those who might be disposed to employ him. . . The right to follow any of the common occupations of life is an inalienable right, it was formulated as such under the phrase 'pursuit of happiness' in the declaration of independence, which commenced with the fundamental proposition that 'all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.' This right is a large ingredient in the civil liberty of the citizen. To deny it to all but a few favored individuals, by investing the latter with a monopoly, is to invade one of the fundamental privileges of the citizen, contrary not only to common right, but, as I think, to the express words of the constitution. It is what no legislature has a right to do; and no contract to that end can be binding on subsequent legislatures. . . BUTCHERS' UNION CO. v. CRESCENT CITY CO., 111 U.S. 746 (1884)

      On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 7:19 PM, The Handyman <ebobie@...> wrote:

      Are not INALIENABLE and UNALIENABLE synonyms?   Most dictionaries say they are.  Unalienable is what our forefathers used in the Declaration of Independence but it appears that most of today's English scholars say they have become  interchangeable? Does use of either have a different affect on the court room floor?  If so, enlighten me.

      .
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 2 5:11 AM

        INALIENABLE is used in the Declaration
        of Independence, and it is crossed out and
        a U is addended to "inalieanable".

        At 09:19 PM 3/31/09 -0500, you wrote:

[...]

        http://www.usa-the-republic.com/revenue/true_history/Chap9.html

        Checked by AVG.
      • BOB GREGORY
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3 11:27 AM
          un·al·ien·a·ble
            (ŭn-āl'yə-nə-bəl, -ā'lē-ə-)  Pronunciation Key
          adj.  Not to be separated, given away, or taken away; inalienable: "All of them . . . claim unalienable dignity as individuals" (Garrison Keillor).

          Unalienable

          Un*al"ien*a*ble\, a. Inalienable; as, unalienable rights. --Swift. -- Un*al"ien*a*bly, adv.
          unalienable

          adjective
          incapable of being repudiated or transferred to another; "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights" [syn: inalienable] [ant: alienable

          Main Entry: un·alien·able
          Pronunciation: "&n-'Al-y&-n&-b&l, -'A-lE-&-
          Function: adjective
          : not alienable : INALIENABLE