Re: [tips_and_tricks] currencies

  • Michael Sylvia
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2009
      As as man living in the area and a past 'member' of Ithaca Hours, I would question the usefulness of Ithaca Hours. Shops that accept them end up swimming in that paper. Once these shops have an ample over supply of Hours they cut back on accepting more.

      Who is to provide the hours which theoretically 'back' the Hours?

      A more substantial problem is their linkage to the eroding Federal reserve note.

      Mike

      Peace and Freedom

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 9, 2009
        Michael Sylvia wrote:

        > As as man living in the area and a past 'member' of Ithaca Hours, I
        > would question the usefulness of Ithaca Hours. Shops that accept them
        > end up swimming in that paper. Once these shops have an ample over
        > supply of Hours they cut back on accepting more.
        >
        > Who is to provide the hours which theoretically 'back' the Hours?

        From our local experience, artists and carpenters. Babysitters. Not
        much else.

        > A more substantial problem is their linkage to the eroding Federal
        > reserve note.

        Don't you mean Federal Reserve Note?

        Few people also know that the words "united states" also have several
        different and distinct meanings.