Re: exercising the right to remain silent

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8 5:56 PM
      Apologies. Did not see the more informative
      second half of the post.

      mn
    • tthor.geo
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 9 10:17 AM
        "In the interests of 'National Security [when I don't feel secure in
        my own nation, it IS a Matter of National Security], the information
        you are requesting is Classified [by ME]. Do you have a Security
        Clearance [MY business is none of YOUR business; f*-off and die.]?
        If not, I can't tell you that."

        ;-)))

        "Randy Conn" <yahoo@...> wrote:

        > I have faced intrusive questions from Immigration and Customs on
        return
        > from overseas trips. As a non criminal, I can tolerate the
        physical
        > inspections as I don't carry contraband or high value items in
        excess of
        > duty free allowance. What bothers me is the intrusive questions.
        The
        > contents of my brain are private and personal. Parents teach their
        > children not to talk to strangers. My theory is that I should be
        able
      • Randy Conn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14 8:34 PM
          I have been thinking to keep this on a simple verbal level. I can
          always serve them my notice if they continue.

          Can anything I say be used against me?
          If Y->I better stay quiet.
          If N->Put it in writing. I don't volunteer to testify.

          This should help me stay quiet while sleep deprived.

          Are there any other core issues? Frog Farmer? Anything else to do at
          the intial moment of confrontation?
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 15 8:53 PM
            > I have been thinking to keep this on a simple verbal level. I can
            > always serve them my notice if they continue.
            >
            > Can anything I say be used against me?
            > If Y->I better stay quiet.
            > If N->Put it in writing. I don't volunteer to testify.
            >
            > This should help me stay quiet while sleep deprived.
            >
            > Are there any other core issues? Frog Farmer? Anything else to do at
            > the initial moment of confrontation?

            I think you may be onto something with the Quiet Man routine. I start
            by asserting my own authority by questioning any authority proposed to
            belong to anyone else, especially if they are claiming it over me. The
            last time I asked one of these actors who he was, and he replied with a
            corporate office title instead of his first name and surname, I merely
            said, "I don't think so!" He was shocked speechless so I told him we
            could ask his boss, and when I asked, "are you the boss" to one of those
            there, I was told, "no, he is!" indicating the scruffiest of the troupe.
            I've posted the whole story before, but the bottom line was nobody
            refuted me when I contended that they were NOT the officeholders they
            thought they were. And they lied, in front of witnesses. Nothing ever
            came of it.

            I like this line: "Put it in writing so I can show my attorney". But
            that point is only reached with a qualified actor, not a fraudulent
            usurper like Barry Soetoro.

            Remember, you have a right to have an attorney present for any
            "in-custody interrogation". That means even ONE question. So if the
            answer to "am I free to go?" is "no" then you don't have to answer
            ANYTHING.

            And if the answer is "yes", you just walk away.